Product/Company Jingles

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Product/Company Jingles

Postby Kit on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:50 am

Music and songs (aka jingles) are a great way to keep your product on a potential customer's mind. Children are particularly susceptible to this! Think about it. How did you learn the alphabet? Even teachers use songs to help young children remember information; but, that's another topic. ;)

Do you remember a jingle from childhood? Have you caught your kid humming a jingle while playing? Have you ever thought you were going to go mad if you didn't get a commercial's song out of your head? I can answer yes to all of the above questions.

Which jingles can you remember from childhood?
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:40 pm

My bologna has a first name, it's Oscar. My bologna has a second name, it's Mayer. . .

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Plop, plop! Fizz, fizz! Oh what a relief it is! (Did I just date myself?!)

Shall I go on? LOL
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby tishialee on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:20 pm

I remember the bologna one and the plop plop fizz fizz one too.

There was a tootsie roll song that is in the back of my mind but I can't recall the words, I know I used to drive my mother nuts going around singing it all the time :-)
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Kit on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:27 am

The only Tootsie roll jingle I remember off the top of my head goes something like this:

The world looks mighty good to me, cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see. Whatever it is I think I see becomes a Tootsie Roll to me.

There is more but...lol.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Kit on Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:30 am

Anyone remember this one?

Have it your way, have it your way. Have it your way at Burger King.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:45 pm

Have it your way, have it your way. Have it your way at Burger King.

I definitely remember that one and the Oscar Mayer one too. I think there was one for Wonder bread too which I used to love as a child, but I can't remember it! LOL
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mara B on Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:52 pm

So, does this have something good to say about the longevity of the marketing? Or does it tell you that we're all fixated on food jingles? :lol:
Mara B

Postby Patrysha on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:17 am

Actually - it's because jingles work with our minds on a subconsious level. It's easier to remember songs than it is to remember straight read words.

Just as it's easier to remember information using Mneumonic techniques than simply remembering by rote. For example, I can still remember Kingdom, Phylum, Order, Class, Genus, Species from junior high biology and loaf of bread, quart of milk, stick of butter, from Sesame Street --

Plus there's the element of repetition in jingle advertising that makes the connections stronger with each hearing.
Patrysha
PK Marketing Solutions
http://www.pkmarketingsolutions.com
Patrysha
Media & Publicity

Postby tishialee on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:49 pm

Lace wrote:The only Tootsie roll jingle I remember off the top of my head goes something like this:

The world looks mighty good to me, cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see. Whatever it is I think I see becomes a Tootsie Roll to me.

There is more but...lol.

Yes that's it! Thank you! I have been trying to remember those words since my last post & it's been frustrating me....LOL.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby soapin'Angela on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:34 am

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

haha Mara, I can STILL sing that whole song! One of my many talents LMAO

I remember.....

the cow that used to sing ........moo,moo,moo,moo <-- you know the one for the steak sauce? I forget what else he used to sing?
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Return to Getting Started