From pocket change to a comfortable living

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

From pocket change to a comfortable living

Postby Mel on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:16 pm

In this week's issue of Internet Based Mom's newsletter Mila shares how she went from earning pocket change to making a comfortable living with her business.

Didn't get a copy in your inbox? Read it here.

Don't miss another issue! Click here to sign up today.

~Melody Spier
Newsletter Assistant Editor
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby tishialee on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:43 pm

I know what Mila is saying about not taking advantage of the resources available - I do the same thing and I'm tired of talking about taking thigns to the next level, or how I don't have time to use the resources that I have available to me; which makes sense why I'm still sort of stuck in the pocket change mode.

Hmmm, I think acknowledging it is the first step, so I must be on the right path to doing something about it if I'm openly admiting I'm at fault for not being at the next level.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby sti1990 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:56 am

Thanks for posting the link, Mel. Somehow I missed it.
sti1990
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby soapin'Angela on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:24 pm

Thank you for the link! I guess I"m not signed up for this anymore since the switch? I'll go sign up right now - I like the sound of the article :)
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Postby Mara B on Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:27 pm

I missed the link, too. Thank you for posting the link and for your help, Mel.

Mila, how do you get passed the "listening" stage, where you listen to all the great advice, and start putting that advice into practice? What was the last piece of advice you heard that made you want to take that step?
Mara B

Postby laurie1009 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:47 pm

Great report, Mila.

Thanks for sharing.
Laurie Neumann
Home Business Selection Advisor - Helping You Find the Right Home Business for You
www.christianhomebusinessconnection.com
Pick up your copy of the Home Business Resource Guide at www.legitimate-homebasedbusinesses.com
laurie1009
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mel on Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Hmm... not sure why you guys missed the email but probably some silly spam filter caught it. Hopefully next week's will make it okay.

Mara... When I went from piddling with a home business to actually operating a successful one was when Nell more or less said (as Nike does)... Just Do It! She'd been giving me little pokes all along but then I guess she decided I needed a swift kick. :wink: She basically said if I wait until I know everything there is to know, I'll never get started so instead, to learn and implement as I go along. It was great advice too (even though my rump is still sore). :lol:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Mila on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 pm

Thanks everyone :-)

I'm not sure why some of the emails aren't going through but everyone should still be signed up as usual on the same list. Mel is posting on the forum every week though, in case you miss it.

Mara, I still have to work at that sometimes, but basically I realized I wasn't going to make any money if I didn't start applying instead of just learning!

I remember going through John Reese's Traffic Secret course and thinking when am I ever going to be able to apply all of this... but the thing is you don't have to do everything you learn. Just take what's related to your business and make small steps. It all adds up.

I'm not sure who the last piece of advice was from but I know Alice is always saying you need to apply what you learn and that sunk in from early on.

Of course learning is good but learn a little bit and apply, then learn some more and apply that and so on.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Return to Getting Started