Night Owl ='s Productivity For Me

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Night Owl ='s Productivity For Me

Postby tishialee on Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 am

I think I figured out why I seem to accomplish more later at night than during the day. Finally.

During the day/morning I'm bogged down with email and although I try to check it only twice - once in the morning and then in the afternoon - sometimes I just end up keeping it open.

At night and into the wee morning hours I'm not distracted by the overwhelming email!

Although it's not great being up until 3 or 4am either because then I don't want to get out of bed at a normal time & would rather sleep during the day. So I guess I need to find some balance here.
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:28 am

Yeah balance is important, but if you're having a really productive night then I don't see the point of fighting it. Some nights I do really well and get tons done, other nights im just too tire.

But definitely working early morning or late nights you avoid tons of distractions.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Patrysha on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:41 am

I knew a writer who was a morning person. Crazy woman woke up at 4:30am every day for years to get her work out of the way before the day started. (I say crazy I could not do it, but darn wasn't she productive?).

I'm a night owl myself, though I can force myself to work any time of the day, it's around midnight and two when I can really get things moving along.

Unfortunately, this does little for my poor husband who often has to wake up at 5:00 am.

We're still trying to work something out where we both get the sleep we need without driving the other up the wall.
Patrysha
PK Marketing Solutions
http://www.pkmarketingsolutions.com
Patrysha
Media & Publicity

Postby tishialee on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:10 pm

Patrysha that's one benefit of being single that I am enjoying while my single life lasts (one day I plan on getting married - of course there needs to be a man in the picture for that but yeah it's still one of my dreams!). And when my son spends every other week with his dad I love working at all hours of the night (or should I say wee hours of the morning) because then I don't have to worry about getting up in the morning - I can sleep late and take naps during the day :-)

Hmm I think I finally just convinced myself that being single isn't all that bad - LOL.
Tishia Lee
tishialee

Postby Mel on Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:36 pm

I've been working in the morning then coming back in the evenings because my internet goes down each day around noon and doesn't come back up until about 6pm. Tech support says it's "hot spots" and there isn't anything they can do. :roll: I'll be soooo glad to get away from satellite internet!!! My phone company says I'll have DSL available by the end of the year so I'm praying they're right. :lol:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby tishialee on Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Mel I can't imagine - that would be HORRIBLE!!!! I freak out when mine goes down every once in awhile for a couple hours here and a couple hours there - I'd go crazy if it happened EVERY day!
Tishia Lee
tishialee

Postby Mel on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:51 pm

It just started this past Sunday and tech support and I spent 3 days trying this and that, they even sent a repair person out to see if maybe there was something wrong with my computer, router or satellite but he couldn't find anything. So they finally said there must be hot spots that are interfering.

At first I thought they were nuts but then yesterday, it clouded up and bingo, it came right back on so maybe they're right after all. They said it can happen during the summer months but typically doesn't last too long, but for me, 2 hrs is too long... and 6-7 hrs each day is definitely too much. :?
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby soapin'Angela on Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:10 am

Hmm I think I finally just convinced myself that being single isn't all that bad - LOL.

It's funny I was just thinking about this tonight Tishia! I'm not totally single because I have a boyfriend BUT I can definitely see the difference from when I was married and trying to get a business to having the time to really focus on a business.

I get a lot done at night, and if I was living with someone then usually night is the time to spend together and I'm sure this is probably the source of some problems of married couples where one person is working all the time.

While listening to a podcast tonight the lady was a virtual assistant and she was talking about how she's working too much and not getting in enough time with her family. I think this is something so many of us struggle with so I say if you find a time that you're most productive then try to work with it!

I wish I could get up at 4:30 am to get lots of work done! That's about the time I go to bed some nights :lol: haha... well not so much anymore but I did do that a few times while I was working full time.
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Postby Mila on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:18 am

I used to get up at 4:30 in my previous business... I got so much work done and by the time 7 a.m. rolled around I had pretty much done the day's work. I just can't manage that now but it's great if you can!
Mila

Postby Mila on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:19 am

Mel that's terrible about your connection!
Mila

Postby Keri Wolf on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:35 am

I actually get up at 4:30 am now. I have a customer service job that I start at 5:00, and in between calls I get quite a bit of other work done. The bonus part is my customer service job is done at 11:00am so that gives me the whole afternoon to work on anything else.

The downfall is I don't have the late night hours to work when my children are in bed. So I work during nap times and when my husband is up(he works 3rd shift).
Keri
Keri Wolf
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Getting Started