Technorati Tags

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Technorati Tags

Postby tishialee on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:51 pm

Ok I'm totally confused by technorati tags. I just Googled it and there are a gazillion links there. I've clicked on a couple of them but neither of them explained technorati tags in terms that I can understand.

I guess I understand the basic idea of what it is - it helps people find your blog. What I'm confused about is how do you use them to get people to find your blog?
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby KellyMcCausey on Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:05 pm

Well you start by creating an account with Technorati.com and then claim your blogs there.

Then, you can get a technorati plugin for your Wordpress blog.

Then when you blog, you pick out some 'tags' (keywords or keyword phrases) that represent what you just blogged about.

Technorati sees your tags and when someone searches for these keywords at their site, your blog shows up in the results.

There are lots of people who set up Technorati watch lists for specific keywords and they'll know as soon as you blog about one of their watched phrases.

It's just another cool way for really targetted people to find you :)
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mara B on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:10 am

I didn't find a place to add tags when I set up my WordPress blog. Is that a plug-in or add-on that you have to get? I really would like to put the tags on there, and the Technorati button. Thanks for explaining that, Kelly.
Mara B

Postby Kit on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:04 am

To find out more about Technorati tags and seo for your wordpress software, you can see what Wordpress has to say here.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mara B on Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:49 am

Thanks for the link, Lace! I've seen the Technorati buttons on tons of blogs, and figured there must be something to it, just didn't know where to find the information.
Mara B

Postby tishialee on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:21 am

So I created an account at technorati.com and went through the steps to claim my blog but it just keeps saying that my claim is still in process - how long does this take (it's been like 45 minutes now)?
Tishia Lee
tishialee

Postby Mara B on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:43 am

So Tishia, did your claim for your blog every go through? I'm trying to decide if I want to claim mine. I guess I probably should.
Mara B

Postby tishialee on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:20 am

Mara it never went through so I deleted it and started over and it's still saying the same thing so I don't know why it isn't it working.
Tishia Lee
tishialee

Technorati help

Postby Mom-Defrazzler on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:52 am

I hit that wall about a month ago, and had Niki Jackson from this board set it all up for me.

While doing it, we also had to update the blog as I was using an older version, and a week after it was all running it kinda crashed, so we're figuring that out, but it was great having her do the work for me. I'd recommend her.

Darlene
Click here if you’re a tired stressed-out mom
Mom-Defrazzler
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mara B on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:36 pm

I just claimed my blog - I used the immediate option, and it added it right on there. I'm guessing you went the other route?

I also just added the technorati button to my blog, so if you're there, please push the button. Thanks!
Mara B

Return to Getting Started