Testimonials

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Testimonials

Postby tishialee on Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:53 pm

How many testimonials do you put on your website? I know for me personally when I'm at someone's site I don't read through all of the testimonials anyway - I just look at two, maybe three. I've seen some sites that seem to have an 'overkill' of them.

So I was just curious as to whether there is a good number to put on your site without it being overkill?
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Alice Seba on Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:47 am

I don't think the number matters as much as the QUALITY and BELIEVABILITY.

Look at Kelly's MomMasterminds.com - the volume is quite large, but they are detailed and believable (cuz they're TRUE). Sure, not everyone reads them, but the fact remains that people do look to their peers for product recommendations and if you can make your visitors feel like your testimonial is a peer, you're ahead of the game.

Here's some tips I wrote on gathering testimonials:
Collecting Effective Testimonials

Hope it helps!

Alice
Alice Seba
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby amurray on Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:29 am

I agree that having many testimonials are a good thing. Putting a few or parts of a few on your main page or product page & then linking to a full page of testimonials is the way I like to do it.
amurray
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mara B on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 am

I like the idea of having a page of nothing but testimonials. If someone truly wants to know what kind of work you do, they'll want to hear it from more than two or three people. I want to know from as many people as possible, and if there are well-known people, all the better. ;)
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Getting Started