I'm Considering Outsourcing - yikes!

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

I'm Considering Outsourcing - yikes!

Postby tishialee on Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 pm

I never thought as a VA that I would ever outsource but I'm to the point in my business where I think I might have some things I could outsource, I'm not 100% sure yet.

I know there is an outsourcing checklist or something but I don't remember where I saw it at.

Any advice on how to know if I'm ready for that step?
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mara B on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:51 am

Tishia, I'm curious about your thought process on how to decide which items to outsource and which ones to continue to do yourself. Do you choose to outsource things you feel you aren't good at doing, or do you outsource things that are keeping you from getting things you want to do, done?
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:25 am

The key to outsourcing is to know that by outsourcing certain things you'll actually increase your earnings. So if you outsource say some transcription, then you can use that time to grow your business.

Of course you can just outsource to take time off but that cuts into your profits then. If you're using the time to build your business, get new clients, etc. then it's great.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mel on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:55 am

Tishia ~ Think about the same reasons you give to your clients for why they should outsource to you... can you answer the same questions that they do with a resounding "yes"? If so, then you may be ready to give part of the work away.

I agree with Mila that you should use at least part of that new free time to build your business.

Mara ~ I would start with the things I didn't know how to do. Then move to things I didn't really enjoy doing or that I didn't have time for. From there, I would consider things that aren't as profitable for me.

It boils down to what you hope to gain by the extra free time.... basically would you profit more by having the extra free time to build your business or take on bigger paying tasks? Or would you end up blowing that free time sitting on the couch watching tv or only taking on another task that took the same amount of time and effort for no more pay?
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Return to Getting Started