Are Data Entry jobs legit? Who has experience?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Are Data Entry jobs legit? Who has experience?

Postby Alicia on Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm

I was thinking of trying out Data Entry. Are there any good site that are real? Leave your story. How long did it take before you seen the money come in? Thanks!
Alicia
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:01 am

You have to be careful with the data entry jobs that ask for money up front. You should never have to pay for a job. You can get general transcription work and that's very legitimate. The best way to go about it is to set up your own service and website or look around for a company that may need help and apply.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mara B on Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:41 pm

I would whole heartedly agree with Mila. You should never have to pay anyone to find you a job, online or in person. If they're asking you for money, don't walk, run in the opposite direction.

There are some websites out there that have legitimate work-at-home positions listed. Nell Taliciero's (I hope I spelled that right!) and Deborah Ng's are two I can think of off hand. Unfortunately, I don't have the URLs handy, or I'd add them. Maybe someone else can put the links on the thread for you.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mel on Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:10 pm

Nell's is http://www.JustOnlineJobs.com and isn't Deborah's like Freelance Writing Jobs or something like that... ugh, I can't remember.

As for data entry... I've done this type of work in the past and SOME of the companies are okay to work for and pay semi-decent but some are just not worth the time and effort in my opinion. Plus at least with the places I worked, the work was unreliable. One day, there'd be lots of work and the next, none.

But there are lots of different kinds of data entry too so maybe I was just in the wrong area.

Edited to add: Here's the one I was thinking about... is this right? http://www.writersrow.com/deborahng/
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Mara B on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:50 pm

Thanks for supplying those links, Mel. I just couldn't think, and didn't have the time to go searching to put them there myself. :oops: I knew SOMEONE would know what I meant.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

My opinion and experience

Postby Snoopy on Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:35 pm

Well, as far as data entry goes. You have to be very careful. So many places say they offer data entry but then ask for a fee. I do have some data entry work but it is seasonal. I found it through Telework Recruiting. It's a site you pay a membership to but I have found work there and they do a great job of making sure all their leads are legit.

Data entry is hard to get. I also got into legal document coding which is pretty much data entry. Be willing to try other options as well and you'll find something I'm sure.
Snoopy
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started