Blog HELP

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Blog HELP

Postby beachmom on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:58 pm

Ok, so I have my site up for awhile and have been reading so much on blogs so I made one about a month ago and then did nothing with it, lol.
I have now done more to it and actually connected it to my site.
BUT, it doesn't look exactly how I want it. I see others with their logo on top, I can't figure that out! I want music I think, but don't know where to get it. Posting the pictures and getting them to be where I want them in the post was soooo annoying! Also, is there a way to not let people click on them and make them larger?

I know some of these things are add on's. I don't know where to find them, though.

Don't laugh when you see it!!! LOL

ANY help would be GREAT!!

blog:

http://capturedhearts-photography.blogspot.com
beachmom
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby KellyMcCausey on Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:39 pm

I'm not a blogger fan so I can't answer all of your questions specifically but I know you can make a blog do most anything if you know how.

As far as adding audio... what kind of audio do you want to do? Are you interested in podcasting or just having some mood music?

Have you considered using a customized Wordpress blog on your website?
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mara B on Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:09 pm

Kelly, you mentioned mood music. Is there a particular software you would use if you chose to add that?
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Working with your blog

Postby Mom-Defrazzler on Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:54 pm

If you're new to the whole blogging world, you should hire a VA for this. They can do this in half the time, and create exactly what you want with no hassle - if you get a good one.

Most of it isn't difficult if you have some HTML knowledge. For example, if you just want music playing in the background with no control from the viewer to cut it off, you just imbed the music file in the HTML in your blog which you can access from the controls.

If you use something like "blogger" a lot of this is easily handled with their software. It takes very little skill. With "WordPress" you probably need some HTML skill.

Darlene
Click here if you’re a tired stressed-out mom
Mom-Defrazzler

Postby beachmom on Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:37 pm

I am using Google's blogger for my blog. Mainly because it's free! I am hoping I can do a lot with it even if it's free.

I am not sure what podcast is Kelly, but I was mainly just thinking mood music. Also, what is wordpress? Another type of blog? Do I customize it myself? Can you tell I do NOT know a ton about blogs?

I don't know enough about html to add anything myself unless I'm just copying and pasting the code into the blog.

Also, how do I let people know about it? I would like more comments on it, too.

When does it help in the ranking, or I guess I should say how. What should I aim toward to help this?
beachmom

Hey Beachmom

Postby Mom-Defrazzler on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:52 am

If you want to PM me, I'd be happy to bounce some ideas around with you.

Darlene
Click here if you’re a tired stressed-out mom
Mom-Defrazzler

Postby Kit on Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:52 am

Hi Beachmom,

I would suggest adding a blog to your .com site. Blogger and WordPress are both free programs which could be added to your site. My preference is WordPress simply because it has so many things you can add on as you grow and see a need. With WordPress, adding a picture is as easy as uploading your pictures and clicking insert pic. If it's still not the style you were looking for, there are quite a few gallery and picture addons that could be installed on WordPress.

Kit
Kit
Admin Support

Postby sti1990 on Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:12 am

Hey beachmom! Your photos are beautiful!

beachmom wrote:I am using Google's blogger for my blog. Mainly because it's free! I am hoping I can do a lot with it even if it's free.

If you're already paying for your website hosting, then you should be able to add your blog to that main website no problem. Ask your host provider about setting that up. Then you can use Wordpress, which has many more free template options than blogger and IMHO looks more professional.

Customizing the look of a wordpress blog can be tricky so when the time comes you'd want to hire somebody to do that. But writing the posts is a piece of cake.

beachmom wrote:Also, how do I let people know about it? I would like more comments on it, too.

When does it help in the ranking, or I guess I should say how. What should I aim toward to help this?

I believe that if you move the blog off the free "blogspot" to your own domain it will help your ranking more quickly but only if you're adding quality content on a regular basis. Writing some short articles rather than just posting specials will keep people at your blog longer and will also help with your ranking. I'm sure you could come up with a bunch of topics or funny stories that you could share.

Good luck!
sti1990
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started