Research Marketing Groups?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Research Marketing Groups?

Postby Kdalton on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi everyone! I have a question about setting up a marketing research group. Has any of you ever attempted this? I'd like to find a specific group of moms and get feedback for a product I've invented, manufacture and sell.

Any tips? Ideas? Volunteers?

Thank You in Advance ~ Kelli
Kdalton
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Patrysha on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:12 am

I've done small focus groups in person, but online I've only done surveys.

The first step is to identify the target market you need (say moms of children ages 2-4). Then you put a call out (ad) to those people within the target you are looking for and invite them to attend. Professional Market researchers often provide an incentive to participate for formal groups, whether it's a sample of the product to take home or a cash honorarium or something else.

When you gather the group you have the sign a non disclosure agreement and away you go.

How you format it depends on your purpose. For product testing it's often most helpful to do a round-table with a facilitator to keep things mostly on topic. (Some of those off-topic discussions can spark new ideas or improvements to the product/service so it's important not to cut them off too soon...but at the same time not let the participants go off on a running tangent from which it's near impossible to return)

Hope this helps.
Patrysha
PK Marketing Solutions
http://www.pkmarketingsolutions.com
Patrysha
Media & Publicity

Postby Mara B on Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:22 pm

Have you determined your target market yet? Depending on what you're planning, I might be willing to help.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Getting Started