Hey my first question...

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Postby Mila on Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi Julie, you don't need a license to sell certain services - for example virtual assistance, transcription, etc. I'm not sure about what you're doing but I imagine it's similar.

As an independent contractor or self employed person basically you just have to make sure you pay your taxes and cover any legal/financial obligations... an accountant can help you with that, but as far as I know you can set up a website, offer a service and that's it. For specific home businesses there are certain licenses that you need to apply for but not for a virtual business such as this.
User avatar
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 11:44 am

Postby Mara B on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:08 pm

I would ask the County Clerk office and see what they have to say. Some service businesses do require a license. You could also ask an accountant (if you don't have one, you'll probably want to get one), and they'll be able to tell you more what's required.
User avatar
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Alabama

Return to Getting Started

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests