Beware of Bogus Holiday Jobs

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Beware of Bogus Holiday Jobs

Postby Dale King on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 am

Hello Everyone:

I've been extremely busy, so it's been a while since I made my last post. However, since this is the season when a lot of people get ripped off, I thought that this was an important topic.

While browsing through a popular business opportunity magazine the other day, I noticed that one of the all-time classic scams seems to be as popular as ever. I'm talking about stuffing envelopes for money, of course.

I'm sure you've seen the ads where the companies claim they will pay you a dollar or more for each envelope you stuff, along with the fake testimonials of individuals claiming they make hundreds or even thousands of dollars per week stuffing envelopes.

I have four words for you: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! Why would a legitimate company based in Anywhere, USA, advertise nationally for homeworkers to stuff envelopes, when they have thousands of individuals right in their own backyard that they can hire?

In addition, they charge you a $49.95 "application fee" for the privilege of working for their company. It just doesn't make any sense. Especially when you consider the fact that nowadays there is state-of-the-art mailing equipment that can stuff thousands of envelopes in minutes for mere pennies apiece.

Here's how the scam works: After you send in your aforementioned processing fee, you will receive a letter basically instructing you to duplicate their success by advertising the same scam ad that you originally responded to.

Many people are so desperate to make money, without actually having to work for it, they'll go along with the scam and end up ripping off other gullible individuals.

Anyway, that's how the envelope stuffing scam works. Be wary of this and other homeworking scams. And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't!

Dale King
If you're tired of all the money-making
hype, lies and scams...read this!
http://guruknowledge.org/pages/The-Supe ... e-Handbook
Dale King
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Getting Started