What would you say is the hardest part?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

What would you say is the hardest part?

Postby suzeygal on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:44 pm

You've discovered what you think is a suitable business for you, have your plan all mapped out. After this initial step, in your opinion, what would you say is the absolute hardest part when it comes to starting and progressing in an "online only" business?
Susan
suzeygal
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby lstric0602 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:53 pm

I would say how you would marketing the business...that's where I would be like what do I do?
lstric0602
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Carrielee on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:24 pm

probably being persistent. Even when you know what to do, you have to do it long and hard to get where you want to be!

carrie
My affiliate programs are here
Carrielee
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Traci on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:39 am

Believing in oneself

Self-doubt makes it difficult, if not impossible, to get beyond planning and actually implement the plan.
    Self-doubt makes it hard to be persistent.
    Self-doubt is a negative mindset. It can lead to a negative self-fulfilling prophecy.
Traci
Traci
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:09 pm

Traci wrote:Believing in oneself

Self-doubt makes it difficult, if not impossible, to get beyond planning and actually implement the plan.
    Self-doubt makes it hard to be persistent.
    Self-doubt is a negative mindset. It can lead to a negative self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ditto!
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby cleobird on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Using time efficiently.

You have to schedule that hour or two every day of INCOME PRODUCING activities. If you don't, it seems the more time you have, the more you waste on things like organizing your filing cabinet or managing your phone book....not actually calling anyone.
--
Rayven Perkins
http://www.stay-a-stay-at-home-mom.com
Ideas, resources and tips on Reducing Expenses, Stretching Your Dollar, and Supplementing Income in order to stay a stay at home mom.
cleobird
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby mamabear on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:36 pm

Using time efficiently.

This is one of my major problems, staying focused. I get sidetracked very easily.
mamabear

Postby lindastacy on Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:26 am

Online marketing is difficult in the beginning. I also think it's tough to stick it out through the disappointments... the great ideas that didn't pan out... the big mistakes... the slow times... the critics......
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby melodyt on Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Action plus patience, it'd hard to wait but it takes time to see results and persistence, you have to keep at it. This is the same for any business.

take care,
Melody
Melody Thacker, Independent Watkins Associate

Love Homemaking, Cooking with Just the Right Spice and living green with Watkins products!
melodyt
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby AvParties4u on Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:04 pm

Being Consistent, finding the time to work your business a little
bit every day..... Staying Positive and NOT giving up...
AvParties4u
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:39 pm

I'm with Leslie on the marketing, that's the part I find hardest no matter what I'm doing (online and offline)
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby suzeygal on Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:21 pm

It seems that several seem to think that marketing is one of the hardest parts of staring an online business.

For those that have suffered through the pains of marketing, and those who have struggled, what tips would you give others in an effort to ease some of the frustration that many face when trying to effectively market their business?
Susan
suzeygal

Postby MsColvin on Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:33 pm

I don't have ONE HARDEST...I have what I believe are equally difficult elements in my life!

1. Easily distracted, so being consistent is the challenge.
2. Marketing -- it's pretty overwhelming!
3. My 3-year-old!!

The worst days are when all three are attacking me at once!!
Mindy Colvin
www.TheCEOMommy.com
MsColvin

Postby momtohanna on Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 pm

I definitely hear you on the 3 year old. I have an 18 month old and she is my biggest challenge. That and feeling I should be spending time with her when I am working.

About online marketing. I would say the hardest thing I had to learn was this: if I hate doing it/don't feel good doing it, it's NOT going to work. There are a million ways to market, on line and off line. IF you are doing something that doesn't feel good it is NOT going to bring you good results. Find something else you can do that does feel good. If your upline is unable to help, get online and find someone else who can teach you other ways to market. I remember in my first company ha ha I used to get up at 7a, cold call leads for hours before I went to work. I dreaded picking up the phone every single day and I had minimal success.
Now I use social networking and blogging to do my marketing. I LOVE that, and I have great success with it as well, because I look forward to it, and don't try to find ways to blow it off, and because I'm a vibrational match to success. :)

Jackie Lee :)
momtohanna

Postby barbararyan on Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:43 am

Patience...understanding it will take longer to get where you want to be because you are working from home with young kids, at least in my case. My kids are 4 and 2 so...I can't work 8 hours a day even though I would really love to. So many things I want to do, but I have to be patient and understand it's going to take me longer to get there.
Barbara

Bringing Memories to Life...
www.cherishcollages.com
digiMom Blog: www.cherishcollages.com/digimom

and my mommy blog www.mom2momlounge.com
barbararyan

Next

Return to Getting Started