Hardest part of marketing

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Hardest part of marketing

Postby lisamommy on Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:01 pm

I would have to say finding the business and marketing in an online world and outside too, where noone trusts anyone anymore and many others have a marketing business as well.

Many think that they should not have to invest a dime in a home business.

And the real hardest part for me is time management and organization. My 2 year old keeps me busy and I try to only do my main work when he is napping. It gets hard when I have a lot to do and very little time to do it. My office is always a mess, but I end up getting it all done.

Lisa M.
A Shaklee Independent Distributor
www.SwitchYourStore.com

www.GoGreenAndProfit.com
lisamommy
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:28 am

It's tough to balance it all especially when you have a little one at home. For me what has worked best has been realizing that because I'm a mom and work from home, it will take me a little longer to build things than someone without children or who has more spare time.

Eventually it gets easier. Mine are in school now and that helps quite a bit, but instead of gluing myself to the computer all day I'm actually enjoying taking breaks and having a little time to myself too! So eventually it does get easier...
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Audrey on Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:21 am

Lisa,

Does he have friends? Have you considered a 2 hour day care program 3 days a week?

My youngest began in preschool at age 18 months. She went 3 mornings per week from 9 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Not only did I have those mornings free but I met other moms who we began sharing play dates with, even at age 18 months.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Ashley9603 on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:19 pm

My daughter is in school and that has made things a little easier.I can agree that marketing can be hard and especially when you come across people that dont want to invest or try to push there business on you...I had someone call me the other day and try that :shock: Just know that things will get better and there are people that want/need to work at home.I struggled when my daughter was younger as she was home all day.I then got her into a special needs program and not only was it beneficial to her,but for me as well. :)
Ashley9603
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby lstric0602 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:10 am

Well I would set them up an "office" next to mine...when I would work they would color...and also I'd have toys that they can bring in the living room and play dolls next to me...I've known someone to keep some "special only" toys out for when she works so that they can play with them when she is on the phone...things like that..keep some little blocks out for them to play while you work...or you can get some books and some colors and pens and set them up a desk...work yourself in getting a new computer and give your older one to them...at 3 they can play programs on some software...or just get one of those leap frogs...it has a pen where it will play words for them...and use it only when you work...my girls do that now even though they are in school...I let them play about an hour when they get home from school and they color pictures for their teachers and friends...then we do homework...and that's when I try to teach them how to work on their own...so I stay on the comptuer and check on them...sometimes I just have to get off...also you might wanna try starfall.com when you can get them on another computer...or print out some papers online and tell them it's their time to work..print out some letters explain the letters to them then when you get through with your work then you can try to find those letters in different papers or on the internet and then play some educational games with him...that would help too...
lstric0602
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby AnnetteYen on Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 am

Yeah, I agree with Leslie and get your little one involved in "work" time as much as possible now so it becomes routine. Then as he grows older you can pay him to work for you! YAY!

But yeah, working at home takes time and money. If you want it to grow fast you either have to invest more money to get things going (outsourcing, paid advertising, etc) if your time is limited or figure out a way to to devote more time to it if money is tight.

Just remember they're only little once so enjoy that while you can. The business will still be there and growing it slow and steady is a good thing for the long run if you stick with it.
Annette
Work with your kids in a great family business
www.kidspartybusiness.com
AnnetteYen
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby ravish30 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:11 pm

For me...its been finding time! I see to have so much going on these days so I started saying NO to other things so I could make more time for business things.
ravish30
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby lwillard on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:40 pm

It can be challenging with little ones at home. I began my network marketing career when my children were ages 1,3, and 9 AND I worked in Corporate America. YES, it was difficult at times.

Remember, as your children grow, they will see you as an example and see your entrepreunial spirit. That is priceless.

Today, all three of my children participate in my business in some form or fashion. My 11 year old loves making money and my 5 and 3 year old love feeling like that have helped mommy with her business.

So, hang in there. There are many challenges as you grow your business, but being consistent and persistent will reap rewards.
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Audrey on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am

Lisa,

Just wait until they are even older and have businesses of their own :) My 24 year old did exactly as I did...by age 23 she was established in a direct sales business and loves it.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Return to Getting Started