Your most successful tactic for approaching prospects

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Your most successful tactic for approaching prospects

Postby suzeygal on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:02 pm

In your experience, what would you say is the most effective tactic you use in approaching new prospects when it comes to introducing your business to them?
Susan
suzeygal
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby Audrey on Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:27 pm

I work really differently. I don't "approach" folks. If someone wants to know more about Tupperware, they ask. Once in a while I will point blank say to someone "I'd love to work with you, if you ever want to sell Tupperware, please let me know". No "tactics", no approaches. Everyone knows what I do.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mila on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:43 am

I don't generally approach people. I just set up my marketing so that people come to me and know what I'm doing and so on.

If you're cold calling or approaching people generally, I would say that the biggest thing to keep in mind is that it is a numbers game. If you call enough people you will find someone interested in what you have to offer. Persistance is important!
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby lindastacy on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:32 am

One of the most natural ways of spreading the word about your business is just in general conversation. In almost all conversations with friends and relatives you'll be asked "how are you?" or "what's new with you?" That's the perfect time to say something like, "I'm doing great! My home business is going strong" or "I just started a new home business!"

And when you meet new people, the "where do you work" question almost always comes up.

Practice giving answers that will lead people to ask questions about your business... it's a great way to keep the conversation going.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy

Postby ravish30 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 pm

I rarely approach folks...I let them come to me!
ravish30
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby lwillard on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:45 pm

I do not approach others either. Most people know about my "lil candle business." LOL I enjoy marketing online and having people come to me instead.

BELIEVE Success!

Lisa Willard
http://www.OnlineCandleTeam.com
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby cherie27 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:34 am

i also don't approach others.
But I try to attract the visitors to come to my website.
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby travelmama on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:49 am

Finding out what they are all about & listening! You have to know why they are looking for your business. Then redirect your presentation to their needs, desires, WHY so they can understand why your business can help them!
Cara Steele
Naples, FL
travelmama

Postby AvParties4u on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:25 pm

I don't usually approach people either..
My marketing system is designed in a way that people come to me..
AvParties4u

Networking

Postby LeslieS on Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:13 pm

I am a people person, so I enjoy attending chamber of commerce meetings, networking through events and conferences, and attending community social events. I always keep business cards on my person just in case the time is right to hand it to that CEO.

Mailers with magalogs and brochures are a great way to touch a lot of people in a short amount of time. The more people I touch the better my chances are of hearing back from someone.

References are always a great marketing tool. It's a very strategic way to cold call/email a customer. Hello Mr. So n So, I have worked with "abc company" that happens to be in the same industry...not only do they love that I go above and beyond for them, but I have helped them increase their revenue, decrease their bottom line, and build their business image. Does that sound like something you might be interested in?

I also like writing articles. It's a great, free way, to get good advertising. Nothing like a good write up and sending it out to every newspaper, magazine, etc in town, and out of town. At the right moment it could end up anywhere. It's a great way to get yourself or your business noticed.

Leslie S.
LeslieS

Return to Getting Started