Advise needed for work at home

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Advise needed for work at home

Postby mommyny on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:36 am

hi all,
I was watching work at home for infomercial TV program just other day and it was sound pretty interesting. But after I checked all monthly fee that involved, I doubt it that I can make money after all those fees at the end of the month.

Does anyone know or have experience as home agent with ITV ventures. I want to try it but affraid get burn again since I get scammed soo many times. your feedback greatly appreciated :D
mommyny
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:57 am

When I see something advertised on T.V. I shake my head in amazement. They've made enough money off others to buy t.v. time. That's quite a bit of money they're making.

In business, you need to sell something. You can sell a product or you can sell a service.

The possibilities are endless of what you can sell. Folks buy everything.

Now how will you sell your product or service? Online, you'll need a website. Can you design it yourself? Who will host it? Who will maintain it?

Will you need to carry inventory? Will you need to market?

These are all things that cost money.

What about this t.v. commercial sounded "appealing"? Again, you can sell anything.

Hope that helps a bit.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Kit on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:58 am

Hi,

I haven't worked with ITV but when I look at their home page, I have loads of red flags popping up in my head. You know the kind I mean...warning, warning. In my opinion, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby cleobird on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:51 am

This is an MLM right? And they do vitamins, etc?

Ok, here is my big problem with all this.

MLM can be a GREAT biz op, but the way to succeed is to gain a downline and TRAIN THEM to do what you are doing, meaning, the ways in which you obtain leads/recruits needs to be duplicable.

Are you capable of taking out a tv ad? No? Then your "upline", whomever has paid for the tv ad, is not gaining leads in a duplicable way, and you may not have the guidance/training available with this person that will allow you to succeed. Now, this might not be a problem if you are passionate about the products and are a self starter with MLM and marketing experience.

But if not?......hmmmm

Have you even tried the products yet? I would highly suggest anyone looking into such a biz op be familiar with the products BEFORE signing up. Ultimately, you are selling products, not a biz op.

Any good network marketing distributor will give you samples of the product if you are interested.

Hope this helps!
--
Rayven Perkins
http://www.stay-a-stay-at-home-mom.com
Ideas, resources and tips on Reducing Expenses, Stretching Your Dollar, and Supplementing Income in order to stay a stay at home mom.
cleobird
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby mamabear on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:14 am

I would really be cautious with these types of opportunities.

I found this on the net about the company
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 28035.html

They talk about ITV in the comments.

I would also check RipOffReport.com, and also search ITV ventures with the word scam/scammed at the end.
mamabear
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby lwillard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:22 am

I would proceed with caution. In MLM, everything you do must be duplicatable. As Audrey stated earlier, you can sell anything. Find your passion and commit to it 100%. If you are looking for a life change, learn about residual income and bringing value to prospects and eventually your team. Success lies within each of us. You have to find it and be able to help others do the same.
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby lstric0602 on Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:08 pm

Yeah a friend of mine was like yeah I went on this website about residual income. She says she doesn't want to sell anything...and I saw just a phone number...so I told her that she might not be selling a product but she is selling a number...she's not selling a product but she's selling idea...same idea different concepts...still sales.
lstric0602
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started