Some of my thoughts on Positive Thinking

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Some of my thoughts on Positive Thinking

Postby wah_momma on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:34 am

A lot of us are carrying around junk? You know, those hurtful and unconstructive things that you may have been told by someone during the course of your life. It was supposed to be taken with a grain of salt or simply ignored but most of the times we take that criticism and wear it like a hat of shame!

It is one thing to listen to constructive criticism and then make changes to better ourselves or our situation, but it is something else to listen to rude and downright mean criticism and then take it to heart. Well, why not declare this a time to clear out the junk! That means that it is now time unload all of those negative, non-constructive, non-truths that you have been told.

The change is quite simple to start then takes some work to keep up. Start by seeing the best in others and think about all of the good qualities that you have rather than the qualities that you don’t have. Change the actual quality of our thoughts. By concentrating on good, quality thoughts, we begin to experience self-pleasure, happiness and self-respect. Along the way, we also recognize our own unique skills and abilities. Let these quality thoughts become your hat, not the negative thoughts that were thrown at you out of anger, jealousy, or another negative emotion.

Positive thinking is infectious and leads to a 'can do' attitude within any individual that adopts this approach to life. A positive mind anticipates happiness, joy, health and a successful outcome of every situation and action.

Below are just a few examples of typical negative self-talk and how you might apply a positive twist to those thoughts:

Negative Thought: I’ve never done it before & I don’t know how to do it
Positive Spin: It’s an opportunity to learn something new.

Negative Thought: No one wants to communicate with me.
Positive Spin: I’ll see if I can open the channels of communication.

Here are a few action steps that will help you to empty the junk of Negative thoughts and to add the nourishment of positive ones.

· Stop negative thoughts in their tracks. Whenever you hear yourself "thinking" a negative thought ~ STOP and replace it with a positive thought. Instead of saying to yourself, "I'm not good at this." Stop yourself and say, "I am getting better at this with each and every try."

· If you catch yourself visualizing failure, switch to visualizing success.

· Look for the positive. No matter what the situation is, there is always a negative and a positive side of it. Sometimes, the positive side may not be easy to see right off the bat, but if you look deep enough it is there.

Decide that from right now, you are leaving negative thinking behind, and starting on the way towards positive thinking. It is never too late to start this process and soon you will notice things changing for the better.

Be blessed ladies!!!

Aurelia

=====

Grab your Free Life Coaching Session soon :)
wah_momma
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Audrey on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:59 am

Aurelia,

What an excellent post. There are a few books on the market about what's called our "inner voice". It's that voice that says "I can't do it"

Our thoughts are very influenced by t.v. and the media. If you watch sitcoms or even the news, you'll hear folks use phrases like "I'm so stupid". So, it becomes "normal" to say these negative things.

It can actually be fun when you begin catching yourself. Changing what you're thinking can make a world of difference in your life.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.
Audrey

Postby Mila on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:47 pm

Great post Aurelia, I've done so much work on mindset the last year. It has made a huge difference... and you helped me get started by the way ;-)
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Traci on Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:29 pm

Thank you for the post Aurelia. Although I haven't yet been able to change my own mindset, I have noticed how others see the positive or say positive things. Thank you for making me more aware.
Traci
Traci
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby wah_momma on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Here is an easy peasy tip for you that will help to change your mindset slowly over time.

Upon waking up, say something nice about yourself!!

Thats it :)

Try it for a week and let me know how you feel.

Aurelia

Traci wrote:Thank you for the post Aurelia. Although I haven't yet been able to change my own mindset, I have noticed how others see the positive or say positive things. Thank you for making me more aware.
Become a Real Life Affiliate and earn 50% commission on great products for moms.
Visit me at the IBM Experts Blog
wah_momma

Postby tishialee on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:20 am

Awesome post Aurelia! Mindset and working on getting rid of the negative thoughts & negative self-talk are goals I'm working on for 2008! I've been given a lot of 'nasty' talk through my life and for some reason it's so hard to let go of all the harsh things said to me. I'm tired of letting past negatives influence my life today.

I'm starting my days off with saying something positive...funny how hard it is and I'm only 3 days into the New Year :roll:
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby Traci on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:08 pm

tishialee wrote:I'm starting my days off with saying something positive...funny how hard it is and I'm only 3 days into the New Year :roll:

Tishia, I know what you mean. :lol:

Aurelia, I think in your TV interview about setting goals you may have said that they have to be forgivable. On my to-list last week, I concentrated on what I did accomplish rather than what I did not get done.
Traci
Traci

Postby wah_momma on Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:51 am

Yes, it is very important that you tweak your to do list and not beat yourself up over not getting something done. There is tomorrow. Work on your post pressing issues when you have the most energy :)

And my biggest tip = Celerbrate your successes - no matter how big or small :)

Aurelia

Traci wrote:
Aurelia, I think in your TV interview about setting goals you may have said that they have to be forgivable. On my to-list last week, I concentrated on what I did accomplish rather than what I did not get done.
Become a Real Life Affiliate and earn 50% commission on great products for moms.
Visit me at the IBM Experts Blog
wah_momma

Return to Getting Started