New questions...

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

New questions...

Postby LeslieS on Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:17 pm

I am curious how every one feels about management of your business. I am trying to figure out how I would like to set up my business as far as management and organization is concerned and would love to hear some feedback. How have you set up your organization? How many partners do you have? How many employees do you have?
Would you rather have a sole proprietorship or would you incorporate?
Any response would be great.

Leslie S.
LeslieS
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 am

Leslie,

I live in CA. I began in direct sales in 1983. My accountant suggest a partnership for me, here, living in CA. I know other gals in direct sales whose accountants suggested incorporation.

Over the years I've had gals help me. I've always done 1099's. I've been very clear when I hired them what I would be doing. If the gals hired were in high school, I always spoke to their parents, so that there was clear understanding of my filing forms at the end of the year and reporting their income.

Again, I followed the advice of my accountant. You might consider meeting with a accountant who specializes in small business.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mila on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:50 am

An accountant would be able to help you with that and they're not that expensive. I worked as a freelancer for a while before I registered my company.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mel on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:27 am

I too suggest getting advice from an accountant. But to answer your question, I'm set up as a sole prop and have a team of assistants helping me. They aren't employees. They are business owners and freelancers so I report their income on 1099's.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Return to Getting Started