New and trying to figure out best route...

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: New and trying to figure out best route...

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:56 pm

You might Google search "drop ship" and find something.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:20 pm

With such a broad topic I can't think of anything off the top of my head to suggest. Definitely do a search for wholesale drop shipping and see what that turns up for you.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby lindastacy on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:31 pm

This probably isn't exactly the type of advice you are looking for, but something that really struck me about your post is a mistake many people make when they start out in business. You wrote, "We plan to sell whatever we can buy at wholesale and have a wide variety of things."

I would suggest you zero in on a specific market and specialize in products for that market. Trying to be all things to all people is so much more difficult and much less likely to be successful online.

Think about it... even a hugely successful online retailer like Amazon didn't start out selling everything. They became well known and successful as a book seller and then started adding categories one at a time.

Once you have a specific category of items you want to sell, it will be much easier to find a source.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby KellyM on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:35 am

Just wanted to wish you luck with your new store! :)
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby peeds007 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 am

Hi
If u wanna buy poducts at wholesale and sell them online -- i think that it would be very tedious as u would have to manage the Drop Ship , then if the consumer has any problems then you would have to give them support on the problems regarding the products , instead i suggest you should try Affiliate Marketing. the only difference here is you get a commission for referring a consumer to a Seller's product - this way u dont have to worry about the over head costs/ support facilities /drop ship nothin cos all that is done by the Seller/Vendor. e.g. You recommend online some1 to buy Golf Equipment worth 100$ and vendor gives commission of 75% so u would make 75$ on this referral -- best part is u dont have to worry about drop ship / support if the Golf equipment has gonebad etc.
Lemme know what u think
take care
peeds007
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started