I would like some feedback on my kids' website

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

I would like some feedback on my kids' website

Postby CocoRose on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:50 am

This is a website I put together for parents to share stories of their kids' funny stories. This isn't the final draft...I'm still working on a few things (also the domain name is wrong...it's suppose to be two o's and not three :oops: ). I want to make it into a contest where a monthly winner is chosen and receives a gift card and a gift certificate. My plan is to monetize the site with google adwords and affiliate advertisements so that it generates income. can you please give me some feedback, like with the general site idea, the layout, colors, etc? It would be much much appreciated.
CocoRose
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: I would like some feedback on my kids' website

Postby lindastacy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:33 am

It has potential.. parents love to tell stories about their kids.

I like the design and colors, except for the blue background behind the text. It's really hard to read black text on dark blue. I personally prefer just black text on a white background; save the color for graphics, headings, highlighting, etc.

And the contact page isn't on the template... it's all just a white background.. no header or anything.

Once you get people started there I think it could take off. Good luck!
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby CocoRose on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Thank you linda stacy...I think I did have the blue background as white at one point. not sure why I changed it. :?
CocoRose
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:19 pm

I agree with what Linda already said. While the blue and orange go great together, it's hard to read the text on that color.

The site idea is great, every parent has a zillion and one funny stories about their kids!
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby tam2005 on Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:17 pm

The idea of the site is great, I like it. :)

But I agree about the blue background behind the text. I think maybe white would be better. Also your graphics at the top would show up much better. JMO.
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Getting Started