Still researching, and very nervous

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: Still researching, and very nervous

Postby Kit on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Chelle,

Welcome to the forum. I have quite a few years of experience in peer-counseling people who were survivors and/or mental illness. (In fact, I went through 6 mos. worth of training to be able to do that.) There are a LOT of legal things to consider. The potential liabilities are staggering and the services of a good lawyer are needed to get all the TOS (terms of service) spelled out just right so you don't get sued.

There is a need for this type of info; however, the customer service is very time consuming because so many people want advice. If you give advice rather than redirect them to resources, you are liable if "anything goes wrong." This is the reason that I chose not to form a business based on depression, abuse, etc., topics.

Having said all of that, it is do-able but it would probably be best to have a qualified counselor, doctor, or professional in the field backing you. That would make things a lot easier setting up the business and as far as credibility.

There are loads of us (survivors) who can share our stories and redirect people to existing resources. Before you jump into a business with both feet, you may want to just start a blog and share what you went through...always keeping it in the tone of "this is what I did" not "what you need to do is..."

Hope this helps. :D
Kit
Admin Support

Postby KellyM on Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Kit made some excellent points.

To be honest, I can't envision how you would make money with this while maintaining dignity and respect for abuse victims. How would you do this?
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby JeanLA on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:19 am

Being busy about something you love doing can get you busy and excited at the same time. It can serve as a basis of letting you forget about past failures and miserable happenings. :D
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started