Articles. Is it worth it?

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Articles. Is it worth it?

Postby SassySusan on Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Is it worth it writing articles? Where would I submit them? How often do you do it?
SassySusan
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Articles. Is it worth it?

Postby Mel on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:50 pm

It's definitely worth it to write articles. If you're a strong writer who can write one or more a week, that would be great. If not, then as many as you can do without getting all stressed out. The more you do, the more exposure you get.

We have a section on the main site about article writing that you can check out here:
http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/writing-internet/
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby Susanne on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:21 pm

If I might add to Mel's word of encouragement - I have a client who has posted about 16 articles at ezine articles.com. He's got over 3000 views of his articles in the past 6 weeks and over 1000 hits on his website (from the articles and other sources). Thanks to those articles he is in the top 3 of the search results for all of his main keywords. Do articles work? He thinks so.
Don't ignore the tutorial Mel suggested and if you sign up with ezine, they will send weekly tutorials and hints to your email. Don't ignore those! Follow their guidelines and success tips and it's almost a no-brainer.
Sue
Susanne

Postby chris on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Great advice :) Can't add too much more to that. I will just agree that articles are worth it. Whether you write them yourself or outsource them to be written for you, they do make a difference.
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby JeanLA on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:43 pm

SassySusan wrote:Is it worth it writing articles? Where would I submit them? How often do you do it?

Definitely. If you are writing articles that are highly SEO targeted, you can have lots of visitors going to your site if they rank well in search engines.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby JeanLA on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:19 pm

hbixler03 wrote:I don't know why but I always forget about this way of generating traffic and one way links. But the suggestions here are great. I know I need to get back to writing articles, for sure.

Yes, you should get back writing articles. They can generate lots of traffic for your sites and pages. Also, if you want to write articles for quick money you can have freelancing projects that can always pay for your writings right away.
Article writers wanted. Home based. Reliable payment every Friday.
Lots of work.
JeanLA

Postby Trent Brownrigg on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes, article marketing is definitely worth it for most people. It is one of the best internet marketing methods and it's free.
Learn real internet marketing strategies @ http://trentbrownrigg.com
Trent Brownrigg

Postby SassySusan on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I have written a few. I have 6 articles out there and only 133 views. Maybe I'm just not understanding the best things to write about. I try to write about things I know. May not always tie into the site, but I always have the link in author area at the bottom. Now, once you write articles, do you post links to it or how do you get it seen?
SassySusan

Postby WorkAtHomeSpace on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:43 pm

SassySusan wrote:Thanks for the encouragement! I have written a few. I have 6 articles out there and only 133 views. Maybe I'm just not understanding the best things to write about. I try to write about things I know. May not always tie into the site, but I always have the link in author area at the bottom. Now, once you write articles, do you post links to it or how do you get it seen?

If you're with some social networking sites like Twitter or FB, I would announce it there. You can also post your articles in this forum and other forums if they have a place for them. You can also use social bookmarking sites like Digg, StumbleUpon etc.
WorkAtHomeSpace
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started