I need help on how to advertise a small home business

New to online business? Still in the research stage? Need motivation?Post your getting started questions, tips, and get feedback here. No Ads

Re: I need help on how to advertise a small home business

Postby WorkAtHomeSpace on Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm

I know a member here is having an online vendor party on Dec 10th. Her name is Shelly and her username here is Ravish30. You can contact her for details if you like.
WorkAtHomeSpace
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby lindastacy on Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:23 pm

If you don't have an advertising budget, think in terms of marketing rather than advertising. There are many ways to market online that don't cost a thing. Article marketing, social media marketing, blogging, Squidoo lenses, and video marketing are a few.

Trying to say this gently... you need to be careful and clever about how you market. First you're at a disadvantage because you can't name your company and that makes many people distrustful. Secondly and most unfortunately, some of the teams have not been presented in the best light by some. You'll need to overcome the reputation.

Proceed slowly and cautiously. Be a giver and share your expertise to help others. Be especially careful not to look like you're just pushing your business. Build relationships without expecting anything in return. Then as people begin to trust you, they'll want to know more about you and what you do.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby melodyt on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Tabitha

Linda has given you some excellent advise. You really need to focus on marketing yourself and presenting yourself as someone people will want to work with. Pick just a couple of social networks where your target market hangs out and build relationships with the members. If you belong to too many social sites it can be very hard to keep up and get known.

Good luck!
Melody
Melody Thacker, Independent Watkins Associate

Love Homemaking, Cooking with Just the Right Spice and living green with Watkins products!
melodyt
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Getting Started