School Starting

Your area for all non-business topics. Discuss home, family, friends, recipes, frugal tips, parenting, etc.

School Starting

Postby Keri Wolf on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:52 am

When is everyone's children starting back to school? My daughter will be starting kindergarten on Aug. 23.

I'm really kind of sad, she will be going all day every day. I have stayed home with her since she was 11 months old. But on a positive note, I have found a day care provider that can take my son 4 hours/3 days a week so I will be able to get more work done, and then maybe when he starts school it won't be such an adjustment.
Keri
Keri Wolf
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mara B on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:26 pm

I homeschool my boys, and we're going to try to "ease" into school work, beginning next week. I want to get what's important to me established before adding in the traditional school work. So, for us, that means re-establishing some things that have fallen by the wayside during the summer, especially getting back into a schedule of sorts.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:06 pm

Mine start Sept 3 and the youngest starts Kindergarten too. Keri you're talking to the mom who cried on visiting day to Kindergarten! Well not cried but got slightly teary... I know the first day will be tough for sure.

BUT it's nice to see them growing too and doing new things. I'm sure your little girl will be just fine. Don't forget to take pictures. I took one of my daughter last year (she started kindergarten) holding up a sign that said First Day of School Sept 2006... she loved that.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mel on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm

Mine went back Aug 1st and is loving it. She's a freshman this year and thought she was hot stuff before but now, she really thinks she's all that. :roll: Teens... they crack me up.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby tishialee on Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:08 am

My son doesn't go back until September 4th. We are both anxious. He is ready to get back to see friends and I'm ready to have uninterupted afternoon work days - LOL!
Tishia Lee
Specializing in Mp3 Transcription
http://www.tishiasavestime.com
tishialee

Postby beachmom on Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Mara, we homeschool, also!!

We will start after labor day. We continued school through June to finish some things up, so that is why we are starting later.
beachmom
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mara B on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 am

beachmom wrote:Mara, we homeschool, also!!

We will start after labor day. We continued school through June to finish some things up, so that is why we are starting later.

This is going to be the first year where I'm actually trying to do some work at home and homeschool, so it should be interesting. If you hear screaming from frustration about not being able to do everything, it's probably me. :oops:
Mara B

Getting back to homeschool

Postby Mom-Defrazzler on Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 am

We also homeschool. It's been pretty "relaxed" over the past couple of years, but the kids are in gr9 this year, so we are getting a little more serious. They're doing really well, however, and this year we will start doing all language arts on the computer through their HS board, so that should be interesting.

now, if I could figure out a way to get the math done. ..

Darlene
Click here if you’re a tired stressed-out mom
Mom-Defrazzler

Postby beachmom on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:57 pm

LOL, Mara, I totally can relate!!!

So neat to have other homeschool mom's on here!

Mom-Defrazzler..I know starting with grade 9 you have a LOT more to get done to start their credits!
beachmom

Postby myjadie on Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:45 pm

My son started 2nd grade this year on Aug 15. He couldn't wait to see all his friends again.
A Coupon lovers Dream Business
Check it out at http://myjadie.myworldmovie.com
myjadie

Postby Keri Wolf on Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:54 pm

Well my daughter loves Kindergarten. The really neat thing is that she has the same teacher that both my husband and I did when we were in kindergarten. Living in a small town does have its benefits.
Keri
Keri Wolf

Postby bornagingurl on Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:43 pm

We have been schooling for about 3 weeks. We home school and I have a K, 3rd and 4th grader. I'm already stressing! LOL

Tina :)
bornagingurl

Postby Mara B on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:24 pm

Whew! I'm so glad I'm not the only frazzled mom when it comes to homeschooling. :roll: I was beginning to think only MY kids were handfuls and not the perfect homeschool children. Glad to see I was wrong. :)
Mara B

Postby allhisblessings on Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:33 pm

We homeschool too and everyday is a school day. Well, not technically, but you know what I mean. ;)
allhisblessings

Postby Joanna on Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm

My oldest goes back Mon the 27th, my middle daughter goes back Tues the 28th.
--
Joanna
Joanna

Next

Return to Home and Family