Is Toronto a Planet?

Your area for all non-business topics. Discuss home, family, friends, recipes, frugal tips, parenting, etc.

Is Toronto a Planet?

Postby Mila on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Kids say the funniest things... Today I was talking to my 5 y/o daughter and she said "I know a lot of planets" so I said okay go ahead and tell me... "Jupiter.... Saturn... Earth... Mars... the Moon... Toronto" That really made me laugh. :lol:

I'm not sure where she came up with that one but I think one of her little friends went to Toronto on vacation this summer so they must have been talking about it in school, LOL.

Have your kids said any funny things lately? I love to hear the things they come up with sometimes.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Postby Mila on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:44 pm

Before I forget I just remembered another one. Everytime I read to my kids I'll say the title of the book and the author's name. So the other day my 4 y/o son said "I'm going to read to you mommy" (he doesnt' know how to read but makes it up as he goes along) so I said okay, and we sat on the couch, he opened up the book and said...

"The Hungry Caterpillar by Fisher Price" LOL, of course it's by Eric Carle not Fisher Price!

Interesting he must be watching too many Fisher Price commercials or something, talk about branding.
Mila

Postby Kit on Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:52 pm

OMG Mila!

How cute! Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, you're just going to have to share more. :P

Kit
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mila on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 pm

Can't remember anymore, my memory is really bad actually, LOL. I want to hear everyone elses funny stories. I tell you my kids have said some funny things and some pretty embarrasing things too! :oops:
Mila

Postby Vera on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:37 pm

That's too funny Mila. I'll have to think of some things my kids say, I'm so tired tonight can't think of anything off hand.
Vera
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mel on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 am

Fisher Price... that's cute. :lol:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby PraysHymn on Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:18 pm

Yesterday my 7-year-old asked if guests that come to our house are allowed to use the main family computer. I said, it just depends. She said... you mean like if they have a disease? LOL... I thought, wow... it can be VERY important to clarify what you mean!
Patience

Is YOUR Home as SAFE as You THINK?
Take this Healthy Home Tour and find out...
http://sparksforlife.HealthyHomeTour.com

Just recorded my first CD!
http://myspace.com/prayshymn
PraysHymn
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:20 am

LOL, that's funny Patience. Sometimes they say things and I think where did they get that from? Kids!
Mila

Postby Kit on Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:26 am

It's been a while since my son was little but I do remember him talking about his father's "receiving" hairline. It took me a couple of times before I figured out that he was referring to the fact that his father was going bald! lol

K
Kit
Admin Support

Postby lstric0602 on Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:58 am

Yesterday my daughter thought that Vaseline was the "miracle cure"!! Hehe!

My youngest likes to say ohh that's "SPAM Word"! Or lookin at classic cars, "that's hot". Now this youngin is only 6 years old!

My other one thinks she's momma...hehe she carries her kitten around like a baby. Not a baby doll but carries it like it's a child! Hehe my kids are so sweet!
lstric0602
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby Mara B on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:43 pm

My boys are always saying something to crack me up. One of my favorites is when my son was 3 and wanted to play with the kids on the playground at school. I told him he couldn't because he had to be 5 to go to school. From that time on, until he was able to go to school, he'd introduce himself to new people like this: "Hi, I'm Devin. I'm (insert age prior to 5 here), and I have to be 5 to go to school." :lol: Of course, now we homeschool, so it doesn't matter.
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Mila on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Those are really funny. Kit I bet that could be slightly embarrasing too! LOL

Leslie, maybe your youngest has been listening to *SPAM phrase* ;-) "that's hot"
Mila

Postby Mila on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:49 pm

Mara I love that! LOL

My daughter used to say things like i'm 3 and a half or 4 and 2 months... she usually got the dates wrong but it was funny anyways!
Mila

Return to Home and Family