tip: Preparing to cook and bake ahead of time...

Your area for all non-business topics. Discuss home, family, friends, recipes, frugal tips, parenting, etc.

tip: Preparing to cook and bake ahead of time...

Postby ravish30 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:50 am

Prepare to Cook and Bake Ahead of time!!!

Before you start cooking or baking from a recipe, be sure to read the recipe all the way through. As you read, assemble the ingredients; you don't want to get to the middle and find you've forgotten something. Then take out all the pots, pans, cooking utensils, bowls, measuring cups, serving dishes and so forth that you'll need to make your recipe.

I have also found that its helpful (if you own a dishwasher) to have it emptied out and as you go along and dirty items, to place them immediately into the dishwasher...then after you eat your meal, your clean up is a snap!
ravish30
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Re: tip: Preparing to cook and bake ahead of time...

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:06 am

I am guilty of starting to cook and then realizing I'm missing something like butter, or I don't have enough milk left, :lol:
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby thriftycook on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:55 pm

This is silly, because I usually cook once a week so that requires really following directions, but one thing that I always mess up is self rising flour vs, all purpose. I am not sure why I mix it up but it's made for some interesting results. I made a cake for my mom's birthday, it was so pretty, I decorated it myself, and I was so proud of it, UNTIL we cut into it, it was not easy to cut so I knew something was wrong, then when we tasted it, it was "kind of" like corn bread only it did not taste good lol. It was salty sweet cake.. I had used self rising flour, and forgot to take out the baking powder and salt.

I highly recommend going through the recipe, then even getting out your ingredients before moving forward.
thriftycook
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby ravish30 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Stephanie :)
ravish30
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby KellyM on Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:34 am

This is a good idea. Whenever I don't do this, I alwaaaays forget that I'm out of something, or I forget that a certain utensil isn't clean and ready to go, so I end up washing a dish or two in the middle of trying to cook. Really annoying!
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Return to Home and Family