Keeping Your Kids Entertained During Summer Months

Your area for all non-business topics. Discuss home, family, friends, recipes, frugal tips, parenting, etc.

Keeping Your Kids Entertained During Summer Months

Postby tam2005 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 am

HI all,

I know for a lot of work at home moms this is a big issue. How do you keep your kids entertained/occupied during the summer? Share any tips and ideas you have. ;)
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Re: Keeping Your Kids Entertained During Summer Months

Postby femmes07 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:12 pm

My nephews and Nieces usually have their Swimming Classes!!! And they're also enrolled in Children's Arts Classes... I think they enjoyed it well... The kids are very friendly and I am happy just by seeing them socializing with other kids... :wink: Well my kid is just a year and a half old she doesn't care about summer classes at all, but she too really enjoyed the water...
femmes07
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:33 am

I sent my younger two to day camp last summer where they took little field trips, went swimming, and did all sorts of arts and crafts! This year however we have a transportation issue so that's not going to work out.... I'm scared! Summer starts next week for us and I have no idea what we're going to be doing!
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Greenmom500 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:34 am

I only work 10 hours a week (not sure how much you gals work) but I do one of two things:

-- if they are playing quietly in the morning (which sometimes they do!), I put in a few hours first thing in the am. I just grab my coffee and let them do their imaginery play (they are 7 and 6) until they start fighting.

-- I tire them out with pool, library, playdate activities in the morning. We head home by 3pm and then I do let them watch an hour of TV so I can sneak in some work time. I save TV time until I am working so it makes it "special" and they will sit and relax after a busy day. Plus I don't feel guilty about them watching the boob tube because we had a productive day.
Greenmom500
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby tam2005 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Thanks for sharing your feedback ladies. :)

Loretta, do you have other Moms in your neighborhood that would be interested in hosting weekly events? (one day out of the week) You know switching off days. You host one week, and another Mom hosts another week? This is an idea I thought of while writing a new article.
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Home and Family