Hailstorm in Our Backyard

Your area for all non-business topics. Discuss home, family, friends, recipes, frugal tips, parenting, etc.

Hailstorm in Our Backyard

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:42 am

My husband began recording a small hail event yesterday afternoon that turned into a major hailstorm. Now we've got to take both of our vehicles to the body shop and probably replace our roof, too. Here's the video on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RUGp94jaMg
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: Hailstorm in Our Backyard

Postby Mel on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:27 am

We must have been hit not too long after you (I'm in Tennessee). It was dark and sounded rough outside last night. I figured it was probably hail but didn't get up to check for damage. I should do that though.

Sorry to hear of your damage. I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:02 pm

It seems like everyone ended June and started July with freakish crazy weather. We had a freak storm here the other night too (in Virginia) it just poof came right out of nowhere and it was definitely worse than when the outer bands of a hurricane came through last summer.

Our tent blew away and was pretty much ripped to shreds, the kids had planned to camp out that night and I asked them to stay inside because Dylan's allergies were bothering him that day. So glad he was sneezy or they would have been outside when it hit!

Trees everywhere, over a dozen big branches in our yard, a neighbor had his tree uprooted completed and planted firmly on top of his pickup truck. Power out for half a day, it was quite the mess.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby KellyM on Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 am

Oh my, your poor trees (and car and roof)! It looks like there's almost as many leaves falling as there is hail. :shock:

Hope you get some nice insurance checks. ;)
KellyM
Medical Transcription
http://profile.myspace.com/431761719
KellyM
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:27 am

Hey Kelly,
We've left the leaves in the yard while waiting on the adjuster just so he or she has a decent idea about what happened...and of course Larry has the video on the computer to show.

He got over $4K for his SUV. Haven't heard on my car or the house yet. We have attracted a lot of "flyers" from home repair, window and door repair and roof replacement companies. Seems like there's a different one on the door everyday.

Loretta, some times things just work out for the better, don't they? Having your tent ripped to shreds is not good, but having the kids inside your house when it happened certainly is.

Mel, I think you got our leftovers. We're about 125 miles from Memphis, and it was definitely headed your way.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Home and Family