Do you submit articles?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Postby Mara B on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:49 am

I guess I was thinking, if you're a VA and you're submitting articles for a client then you might have access to places you might not normally think about submitting a personal article. (Does that make sense?) I'm not sure I'm explaining this right.

I guess it'd be kind of like "competing" with a client if you submit articles to the same places on a personal level as you do when you submit them for the client. (Did that make better sense?)

Now that I have everyone completely confused, I think my work here is done. :roll: LOL
Mara B
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby soapin'Angela on Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 pm

LOL I missed this whole conversation!

I totally agree with what others have said in terms of ethics.

Mara, I do see what you are saying about competing but really it's not something I'd worry about and I doubt my clients would see it that way. If it's something I feel belongs to my client then I would rather go out and get or use my own list just to be sure though.

I have had a client who has me submit her sites to article directories and the list she's given me is something she has paid for and has told me I can use it for myself but not for other clients. Of course it would be unethical for me to then turn around and use it on other clients.

The directories that I submit articles to though often are lists that I've come up with and I don't think that even if the client did come up with them they would be offened by me using them myself. You can find huge lists of article directories and of course we should always be submitting to the most popular ones like:
ezinearites.com, isnare.com, ideamarketers.com, goarticles.com, etc...
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Postby Mara B on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:13 pm

Thanks everyone. I guess I just don't want to start off on the wrong foot, and make a big mess of things.
Mara B

Postby soapin'Angela on Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:24 am

Are you doing VA work Mara? If so that's cool!
Fire Up Your Affiliate Program - FREE Teleseminar!
http://www.affiliatecommotion.com/2
soapin'Angela

Previous

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development