Ebay store or Web site

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Ebay store or Web site

Postby Traci on Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:47 pm

Do you have an Ebay store? Do you have both an Ebay store and a Web site or just one? What seems to work best?

Thank you.
Traci
Traci
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby Audrey on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:06 pm

Traci,

I have two websites. One is my cookie cutter Tupperware site. The other is my recipe site. The recipe site can be used in article bylines, can be optimized etc. The Tupperware site can't be used for marketing in those ways.

I do not sell ebay...not allowed. I will stick products up for sale on Craigslist though :)
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby melodyt on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 pm

I have several web sites, for different niches and these all funnel to my corp sponsored site. If you have an ebay store don't you need to pay ebay something? I think that would be a more expensive way to go, as domain names and hosting is pretty cheap.

Take care,
Melody
Melody Thacker, Independent Watkins Associate

Love Homemaking, Cooking with Just the Right Spice and living green with Watkins products!
melodyt
Great Friend of Internet Based Moms

Websit AND ebay Store... They both work for me.

Postby Aunt Joy on Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 pm

I started my business in 2004, doing craft shows. A good way to sell my Christmas Stockings locally and regionally with a small budget. I added a website in 1998 and started selling world-wide. Since my Christmas Stockings are CUSTOM MADE for each customer, there is a 2 week delivery time. eBAY allows me to make inventory all year for the last minute shoppers. Whether it is buying a set of Christmas stockings for last minute Wedding gift in June or Christmas stockings the week before Christmas, the ebay store allows me to provide customers a way to get my handcrafted Christmas Stockings shipped to them in 48 hours. And with ebay I can test new designs and products and get great feedback. With millions of visitors to ebay every day, I want to be there and hopefully capture some of these visitors as MY new customers. I have had an ebay store for two years and I think it will continue to double again this year. They compliment each other and expose my product to many more people.
Aunt Joy
www.auntjoy.com
Aunt Joy
New to Internet Based Moms

Ebay Store or Website?

Postby drewsue on Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

I have both and the Ebay store is doing MUCH better than the website. Mostly due to Ebay's exposure. I do not have the funds to pay for SEO for my website. I do try to drive traffic there through Ebay and email marketing, but to no avail. I keep both of them going though. Good luck!
drewsue

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:09 am

I would say to use both to maximize exposure and sales. Your website will be up and working for you all the time, 24 hours a day. Ebay could be used for sales, excess inventory, etc.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Website and Etsy

Postby initial-impressions on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:50 pm

I have both a website and an etsy shop (for handmade items). Etsy is very affordable and there is no restriction like there is on ebay about referencing your regular website. A lot of etsy customers migrate over to my regular website.
Initial Impressions
www.initial-impressions.net
www.initial-impressions.net/blog - - embroidery ideas!
Custom embroidered and personalized fine items for the whole family and the home
initial-impressions
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: Ebay store or Web site

Postby visuals4u on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:12 pm

I have had an eBay store and later closed it. The fees add up when you calculate all of the fees for weekly listings, plus re-listings. There's a lot of traffic there, but every item posted will not sell the first time. Then, there are the final value fees to eBay when you sell an item, plus the fees charged by PayPal to use their system to collect & send money. If you buy an ad, to drive traffic to the auction, that's another expense.

So currently, I use an eCrater store (FREE), Amazon marketplace, and Google Base. Any questions, let me know. I have been selling for awhile now.

- La'Shon
Last edited by Kit on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed "sig" link in post
visuals4u

Re: Ebay store or Web site

Postby sara08852 on Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:53 pm

I only sell from my website. I am doing all custom stuff so I don't see how I can sell that on Ebay.
By the way, it's good to be here again. I've been away for so long. It's been a busy year.
Happy holidays everyone.
Sara
I make quality custom crib bedding at low prices.
My work is featured on Squidoo.
sara08852

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development