google adwords

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

google adwords

Postby networkmom on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Does anyone know how to effectively use google adwords? I started a campaign with my kids fitness ebook and wrote two ads and set up some keywords but not really getting any clicks. What do I need to do to make thsi work? Does anyone know?

Thanks
Denise
Kids health and Fitness
Dance Revolution, Exercise Videos, Equipment
and More! http://www.fitnessandkids.com
networkmom
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby familymoses on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Do you subscribe to Perry Marshall's free newsletter? You can learn a lot from him.
familymoses
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby networkmom on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:36 pm

Yes, I did sign up the other day and received a couple of his newsletters but so far not much that I am not doing already.

Denise
Kids health and Fitness
Dance Revolution, Exercise Videos, Equipment
and More! http://www.fitnessandkids.com
networkmom
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby BethinArkansas on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:05 am

Basically, your keyword should match your ad should match your landing page. Same keyword in all three places.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:38 pm

I think with both Adsense and Adwords a large part of the equation is just plain old luck!

If you're doing what you think you're supposed to be doing and you checked out the keyword popularity, I don't think there's much else you can do.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal the keyword tool helps you pick the best keywords to use and tells you how popular they are.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby cherie27 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 am

My advise to you is if you are not familiar with google adwords, don't attempt to try it

My own experience is i lost some money using google adword. Because i wasn't familiar how google adword work and what kind of keywords to use for my ad.
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby BethinArkansas on Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:36 am

Yesterday I was peeking over Larry's shoulder while he was writing an article about Adwords and Adsense. What most got my attention was the paragraph about our September campaign.

Our average Adwords spend was 12 cents per click.

Keyword One Adsense revenue was $1.53 per click.

Keyword Two Adsense revenue was $.67 per click.

Kwyword Three Adsense revenue was $.48 per click. In other words, our worst ad was generating 400% of its cost. I'll let you know more when he publishes the article(s).
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development