Looking for Great Business Networking Sites

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Looking for Great Business Networking Sites

Postby travelmama on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:18 pm

There are so many great business networking sites out there but I was wondering if anyone has any in particular that they like?

Also, I have read many articles about pros and cons of social networking? Do you think they work?
Cara Steele
Naples, FL
travelmama
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby lwillard on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

Yes, I believe social networking sites work. I've generated many leads with social networking sites such as Myspace, Facebook, and Cafemom and Squidoo. These are my favorites.

I also believe it goes with any activities we do - be consistent, offer valuable information and good quality content. It's another method to attract others to you.

Find your niche in each of these social networking sites and keep your focus. :D
lwillard
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:24 pm

I think social networking is great and it definitely does work. I've found myself using social networks both directions... I will submit things and I will browse and find cool things. I've met a lot of people and found a lot of fun blogs to add to my feed reader.

Try searching like this

"social network" your niche keywords

and you'll probably find some kind of niche social network to get active with. they are sprouting up all over the web lately.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Audrey on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:26 am

I use both MySpace and Facebook.

I've had an account on Ryze...many love it. I just don't have any more time in my life.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby IndieRetailer.com on Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 am

Yes! Yes! YES! Social networking works on a couple different levels.

One, it works for what you are seeking, like minded people to network with.

Secondly, if you're promoting your website, they also work at building backlinks and additional traffic to your website which strengthens your search engine rankings.

To elaborate on the first one a bit. You should realize that most of the people are there to pitch their business as well as establish business relationships. With that in mind, you should understand that your messaging system is going to feel a bit spammy. However, this is one of those rare occasions where this is acceptable.

Now, you asked about what networks were out there. Specifically for business; Ryze is a fairly decent one and long established. DirectMatches.com has also been around for a long time and is quite popular. Wowzza is a relatively new one that is fee based and bases itself on a network marketing model in which you get paid for recruiting other members. I was a member of Wowzza from the beginning. There was quite a bit of excitement at its launch. A lot of people joined. Now, I see the new membership pace has dwindled significantly and established members leaving. I think you'd be better off with the free ones. Paying for a membership to a social network is kind of a hard sell. I made some money, but just enough to cover my membership fees. I'll likely be bailing out relatively soon as well.
Best Regards,

Jennifer
http://www.DollarCardMarketing.com - Unique dollar bill business card, drop cards, and sizzle cards.
http://www.WebMarketingBurst.com - Create your own Lead Capture Pages, AutoResponders, Contact Manager, and Shopping Cart from one service!
IndieRetailer.com

Postby busymomma on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:34 am

The original post said they had read pro's and con's of social networking. I'd love to know what the con's would be.

I am an avid social networker and some friends and I actually started mywahmspace.com because of this.

I know one con to me is getting caught up in it. Just like forums I have to set aside a certain amount of time to do it. Otherwise I will spend hours on it and not get projects completed.
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma

Ryze or Linked In

Postby initial-impressions on Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:45 pm

I have both Ryze and Linked In. I think Linked In is better. I think these are more professional than Facebook. My kids talked me into a Facebook account, but I haven't used it much.
Initial Impressions
www.initial-impressions.net
www.initial-impressions.net/blog - - embroidery ideas!
Custom embroidered and personalized fine items for the whole family and the home
initial-impressions
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Yes, Social Network Sites do work

Postby jtheron on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Yes, I've had great success with several and am particularly happy with Repspace.com.

It's focused on work from home professionals, has high page rank for incoming links, and a revenue share for members.

Cheers
JT
jtheron

Networking sites

Postby lisamommy on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:53 am

I have a myspace, facebook (just started it), aspense, and the best so far is Cafemom.
lisamommy

Re: Looking for Great Business Networking Sites

Postby janice2009 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:16 am

Twitter, Facebook and a little bit of Myspace. Works for me! :D
Last edited by Kit on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: * Note: Promotional link removed
janice2009

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development