Article Marketing Question

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Where would you prefer to get articles?

Article Directory
25%
PLR
75%

Total votes : 8

Article Marketing Question

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:46 am

Do you use articles from any directories on your site? You know, like grabbing an article from Ezine Articles and posting it on your site.

Do you have any requirements when assessing such articles?
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mel on Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:16 pm

Typically I write my own, however, if I had to choose one, I'd go with PLR. The reason being, I can edit them to my liking, add my own thoughts, etc so they were more unique. I can also toss in a recommendation or something at the end.. NOT a bio saying I wrote it but maybe a product recommendation or something related to the topic.

With article directories, you use those articles as is, with the author's bio, links, etc... although you could put your 2 cents worth & a promo at the end, below the article or something.

I think it's perfectly ok to sprinkle some of each on your site, mixed in with your own of course. Especially if you're site is mostly informational and you're not trying to establish yourself as an expert on a certain topic (which would be harder to do if you're using other people's stuff).

Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby lwillard on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:24 pm

I typically write my own as well. But if I come across a really good article, I don't mind using it as is.

My blog is the place that I have used other peoples stuff more. I post regularly and as long as it is valuable information, I don't hesitate using it.
lwillard

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:02 am

Mel and Lisa,

Good information. Sort of amazing, though, that after 100 views, there's only been one vote in the poll.
BethinArkansas

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:41 pm

I think this is a great topic!!!

Personally I like a mixture of things I wrote myself, PLR (which I usually rewrite/tweak), and a handful of articles from Article Directory.

I like what Mel said about sprinkling.... that sounds about right, I like to sprinkle a mixture of different kinds of content. And sometimes I'll throw in videos from YouTube too, depending on the topic.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby homenotion on Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:19 pm

I have often used articles from article banks to get a site off the ground and indexed quickly. But lately I've been really getting into using PLR articles. I've found lots of good PLR resources that are easy for me to customize and put on my sites quickly.

But don't be afraid to use other articles on your site. Once your site gets indexed and begins getting traffic you can swap them out or add other articles to your site, but they are a quick and easy way to add content to your site when starting out.

Just make sure the articles are relevant and are 'good' articles, don't just slap stuff up for the sake of adding content, make sure they are interesting and don't forget to do your keyword research.

Best of success to you,
homenotion
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby lwillard on Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:53 am

Beth,
I skipped right over the poll, I guess I had tunnel visit that day. I have now gone back and voted. :D
lwillard

Postby Audrey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:39 pm

I'll occasionally use someone else's article on my blog. Usually I write my own content.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby busymomma on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Lots of PLR that I've customized a bunch. But on some of my blogs I am no way afraid of using reprint articles. As long as I'm getting more articles of my own and the PLR up in any given month. The more information I can send out for my readers, the better.
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby w00w00 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I like to use a combination of my own, PLR and articles from directories, but I would say I use the articles from directories the least.
Regards,
Wendy Wood

Internet Marketing in Heels
w00w00
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby tam2005 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:42 pm

I combine my own content and article reprints on my sites and blogs. However, I'm concentrating more on writing my own. :)
tam2005
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development