out of ideas. need some help please.

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

out of ideas. need some help please.

Postby jaz on Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Am trying to bring in more traffic to my site. am usineg artricles, yahoo answers , and forum, and seem like that is all on doing of late. l cannot come ups with any other means to bring in traffic to my site.l have pick idea here and there from this forum

any tip
jaz
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby Audrey on Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Have you tried paid advertising? I think a good mix of the free methods and paid advertising works well.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby cherie27 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:24 am

Currently, i am trying offline marketing method like giving out flyers.
cherie27
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Audrey on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

Cherie,

Are you seeing results?
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby cherie27 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 am

After a few weeks, I got no results.

So sad.
cherie27

Postby Mila on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 am

Jaz, My suggestions is you concentrate on getting more incoming links and adding content to your sites. It may be that you're not using all of the necessary/right keywords or that there simply isn't a huge demand for the topic - can you tell us anything about your keyword research?

Cherie as far as flyers - it depends on your market, what the flyers say, and who you're passing them out to. Say your market is moms and you're passing the flyers out here and there (not knowing who you're targetting) you probably won't get very far.

For local promotion, I would aim at getting a newspaper ad (local which is cheaper) and perhaps some local media advertisement (press release, etc.)
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Re: out of ideas. need some help please.

Postby chris on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 pm

Jaz, My suggestions is you concentrate on getting more incoming links and adding content to your sites. It may be that you're not using all of the necessary/right keywords or that there simply isn't a huge demand for the topic - can you tell us anything about your keyword research?

My beauty guide is in blog format and I try to use good keywords in my titles and one of my articles on dark under eye and acne has gotten over 2000 reads on it. Topic, keywords and incoming links are very important.
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:57 am

Have you tried directory listings? Like http://www.reciplinksdirectory.com

Since most directories require a reciprocal link, we created a page on our site called something like Sites That Link to Us and wrote a brief (sometimes one sentence) description of the site with a link back to it.

When listing with most directories you have to furnish the page where your reciprocal link is. Their site spider will validate your page before you are listed.

Do not pay to get listed. Now, you may want to pay a few dollars to speed up the process. You're not paying to get listed but for someone to visit your site now rather than later in order to approve it. FYI, Google frowns on paid listings but understands the "do it now" expense.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Kit on Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:55 pm

On social networks, open multiple accounts and use aliases, different photos, genders etc. You want a variety of profiles on most social network sites. Do not spam, though. Spam kills any prospect of generating traffic.

Although I know some people do this, it is NOT an ethical way of doing business. It can also get you banned from many sites. It is important for you to remember the reason for social networking. The primary goal is to create bonds and relationships. Two other goals are to build your reputation and establish yourself as an expert in your field. These goals are not attainable if you hide behind multiple "aliases" created specifically to "gain traffic."
Kit
Admin Support

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:08 pm

I have to agree with Kit. There's a good way to use aliases and a bad way to use aliases. A lot of marketers do use pen names with different niches so that a search for their article writing name brings relevant results. But what you described there is not quite the same thing.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby janice2009 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:09 am

Have you tried the social networking sites? There are lots of them and they keep multiplying like crazy. Use them to your advantage :wink:
Last edited by Kit on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: * Note: Promotional link removed
janice2009

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development