Invoices

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Invoices

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Just wanted to start a discussion about invoices and paperwork. I went through and changed what I was using. Since most of my clients request a word doc to save I made a new template that looks like a nicely done invoice with a logo and my contact info all on there.

I'm embarrassed to admit that up until this month I was just using plain docs with no logo and no formatting, just copy and paste of my excel spreadsheet with a tally of what I did and how much was owed.

I'm still using a simple setup, but I made it look prettier and more professional. That made me feel good about what I was sending to my clients on invoice day.

What are you using to invoice?
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I use a word doc that has my info but not my logo or anything fancy. It's black/white with straight text because many of my clients print them out and have asked that I keep colors to a minimum because printer ink is so expensive.

I do have a fancier one that I could use but the clients I have now prefer the plain one.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 pm

I did keep my logo small since I know a lot of folks print them out. Fortunately my logo isn't too colorful, I used our Easy Wahm Websites logo, black, white, grey, green.

That's a good tip for all your contracts and documents too, easy on the color so that the printed version isn't too ink heavy and stays easy to read.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development