How to find article writers?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

How to find article writers?

Postby Mommy_traffic on Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:37 am

I just recently became aware, that one can not use PLR articles in ezine article submissions, if that is the case, can someone direct me, as to where to go to hire someone to write articles for me.

Thanks in advance.
Brigitte
Mommy_traffic
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Patrysha on Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:50 pm

It really depends on what quality you are looking for and what your budget can handle and what your goals are...

There's All Custom Content -that's a great resource if you are looking at custom quality content but don't want to hold hands and manage the writers and if you don't want to be dealing with hiring and assigning and all the jazz that goes on with ghostwriting. One of the main issues with ghostwriters (for wahm business needs) tends to be that when you find a writer you can afford at the quality you expect, they tend to move up the ranks and start charging more. Pricier than you can get by working directly with a writer in some cases - but worth the expense if you can afford it because it eliminates all the headaches.

For instance I started as a ghostwriter doing articles for $5 a pop. But I couldn't make a living at that rate and as I shifted my market and my USP I have only a handful of WAH clients now. Good writers don't stay at a low level for long once they realize they can make really good money with the same amount of work...

There was another site with a similar premise as ACC called Article Mojo, but I'm not sure if that's still running.

I know there were a couple of ghostwriters here, but you can also look at elance, oDesk and those sorts of services. You'll have to be very diligent about checking out the writer's samples and running them through copy detection programs to make sure they aren't plagarized though. Not that all providers do that (in fact most of them would never dream of doing that!), but you do have to make sure who you are dealing with isn't...one bad apple and all that jazz...

Depending on what you are looking for I do have a writer in my network that I bill out at $15/article.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Patrysha
PK Marketing Solutions
http://www.pkmarketingsolutions.com
Patrysha
Media & Publicity

Postby Mommy_traffic on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:47 pm

Awesome Patrysha,
Thanks so much for your help,
I will most difinitely keep your suggestion
in mind, how i really appreciate your help!!!
its interesting how you use terms that my husband and I quite often use. lol.
he would use the term often "a pop" and i would use "and all that jazz" lol.
Thanks a million for your through advice.!!!
Mommy_traffic

Postby Audrey on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:32 am

I know two ghostwriters who write for a living. Both have excellent reputations. I have no idea what they charge.

One is Denise Willms, the owner of www.wahm-articles.com and the other is Corrie Peterson at http://www.ghostwritertotherescue.com

You also might consider writing some content of your own. Many of my articles are just things I've done and experienced in my own life.
Audrey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:18 am

Don't forget you can ask for a ghost writer on the outsourcing board here at IBM too ;)

http://internetbasedmoms.com/bb/outsour ... -f133.html
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Re: How to find article writers?

Postby KarriLee on Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:51 am

Article writing isn't that hard, once you understand the format and how to use keywords, etc. Many people who have done no writing in the past discover that they can be successful at writing articles, because article can be written to sound the way you speak. In fact they should. As long as you have the correct format, and ensure correct punctuation, grammer and spelling, you're rocking. Of course you must make sure you know what you're talking about too, lol.

I suggest you take the plunge, just try writing a few. You may find you really enjoy expressing yourself and can pump out several per day....
KarriLee

Postby jaz on Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:39 am

l have been using need an article. com. price is low depending on how long you want to be 5.55 t0 7.55$. you can check on the writers profiles . but the things is when starting you are going to get some very bad writing as time goes you might come across some good one which then you can request them to write for you
jaz
Great Friend & Oh So Helpful to IBMoms

Postby beccad80 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Have you ever considered posting the jobs on an outsourcing site like oDesk? I know I personally get almost all of my freelance writing jobs through them, so I know that there are plenty of qualified providers looking for article writing jobs. (I'd offer to write for you myself but my plate is a little too full right now). Good luck to you!!! :D
beccad80

Postby brandseo on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:02 am

Actually it depends on what quality you are looking for and what your resources can handle. Article writing isn't too tough, once you know the format and how to use keywords. As well as you have to use accurate format, correct punctuation, grammar and spelling.
brandseo

Postby kitkat on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 pm

This is great information! I actually have a few people who have asked me about ghostwriting recently... I may pass on the info!

I personally write my own, but may do this in the near future! :D
kitkat

Postby janice2009 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:27 am

In addition, you could try http://www.getafreelancer.com, http://www.guru.com, and http://www.ifreelance.com. Since competition is usually very stiff among the many registered freelance writers of these sites, you probably wouldn't have a hard time finding a reliable ghostwriter, all that's left for you is negotiate wisely with the writer regarding project specs, payment terms and timelines.
janice2009

Postby cosiegirl on Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:35 pm

I have had the best luck finding a good writer by checking the "wahms who write: subforum on wahm.com and also the "warriors for hire" section of WarriorForum.com

I have had good and back luck with getafreelancer.com and mostly bad luck with Digital Point Forums.

While there are some good lower price writers, they are harder to weed out from the not so good. If you don't want to waste your money, I would look for recommendations.
cosiegirl

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development