Need Suggestions

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Need Suggestions

Postby meg_ferenc on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:17 pm

I need some input in this. I have alot of PLR articles that i have bought from All Private Label Content. I wish to make use of these articles. I am planning to built a family theme website (static blog) which consist of niches such as homeschooling, health, craft, recipes and so on. At the same time i wish to promote affiliate product in the article itself.

Is this a good way to create a website to sell affiliate products? If it is, what kind of domain name would be suitable ? Besides .com, do i need to buy.net, .org, .biz and .info?

Thanks and regards
Megan
Educational, Handcrafted, Wooden Toys
meg_ferenc
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Need Suggestions

Postby Kit on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:06 am

meg_ferenc wrote:Is this a good way to create a website to sell affiliate products? If it is, what kind of domain name would be suitable ? Besides .com, do i need to buy.net, .org, .biz and .info?

Hey Megan,

I encourage my clients to use a mixture of content forms to build their sites. For example of a good mixture would include original articles, PLR from several places, free reprint articles, guest bloggers/articles, audio, video, etc. One form or source isn't enough.

Search engines and people look for unique and original material. Ideally, you want your site to be weighted towards the "original" side of the spectrum. Generally speaking, many many people use the same PLR, free reprint articles, and video (from youtube and such.) Ask yourself, "What can I add that will be different from other sites of this kind?" Then add it. ;)

As for the domain names, you'll need the .com and .net versions for sure. Don't forget to get variations (plural forms) of your domain too. For example, if your site is Family Friend, you would want to get "Family Friends," "Families Friend," "Families Friends" etc. This is sort of a silly title but you get the picture. Choose your preferred domain name with .com and add hosting to that one. All the other domains should redirect to that domain.

Hope this helps. :D
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:11 am

Definitely a good mix of plr and original content is a good idea. I always buy the .com and .net versions but I don't worry about the rest.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:02 pm

I love PLR and use it frequently. I agree with the other ladies that a mixture of content types is definitely key. For the domain name, I think it's more of a personal preference.

If you are worried about a copy cat go for the .com and the .net, the others aren't really common enough to have to worry about (at least not yet..maybe someday they'll be popular) I wouldn't get the .org unless you are really running a nonprofit organization on it. While .org is open to any kind of registration, it is associated most with nonprofit organizations.

.biz and .name actually have restrictions on them. .biz is supposed to be reserved for commercial use by businesses only, so bear that in mind if you go .biz and have all your paperwork in order in case someone disputes your domain. I think .info might have a similar restriction to it, but I can't remember off the top of my head. It's been awhile since I've looked into anything other than a .com
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby meg_ferenc on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:36 am

You guys have given some great suggestions . I will be rewriting all the PLR articles. Can i still make a good money selling affiliate products in the articles ? If it is , how can i sell affiliate products which i havent use or familiar with ?

For a family theme site, what kind of domain names would be suitable ? Any suggestions ?

Can i still make money from adsense ?
meg_ferenc

Postby Mel on Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:17 am

You can sell affiliate products using PLR articles and you can also use adsense when posting them to your site.

I feel (and this is just my opinion) that "good money" will take a while to achieve, if at all, because you first have to get traffic to the site and you have to provide good information that will keep people coming back. You should try to establish a relationship with your viewers so that they start trusting you and your opinion at which time they will also trust your recommendations (the affiliate products).

I personally don't recommend things unless I've tried them or know and trust the person who created them but then, I don't recommend much because that's not the kind of business I run.

There are lots of people who slap up various niche sites and toss on affiliate products and adsense and I guess they make ok money from them. Since I've never done it, I don't know what kind of success they have or money they earn though.

I spoke with a gentleman the other day who is planning to do the same type of thing and he was saying he hoped to make $200 per site per month after 6 months of marketing it. I have no idea if that is aiming too low or too high but maybe someone here can offer more thoughts on it.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby BethinArkansas on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 am

meg_ferenc wrote:You guys have given some great suggestions . I will be rewriting all the PLR articles. Can i still make a good money selling affiliate products in the articles ? If it is , how can i sell affiliate products which i havent use or familiar with ?

For a family theme site, what kind of domain names would be suitable ? Any suggestions ?

Can i still make money from adsense ?

I agree with others. You should have an adsense table with each article.

And, yes, you can use your affiliate link...uh, you SHOULD use your affiliate link if you know it's a good product or service.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby meg_ferenc on Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Thanks Mel and Beth :).

I know i cannot have the possibility to try all the products or to know all of them . So how can i find some good affiliate products to promote in a family theme website ?

Thanks
Megan
meg_ferenc

Re: Need Suggestions

Postby janice2009 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:05 am

A unique content balanced with the right advertising approach will definitely put you on top. Just focus on one or so, get comfortable and improve yourself on those before adding another as it may lead to confusion which would cause some devastating delays.
janice2009

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development