GetResponse's lead buying program?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

GetResponse's lead buying program?

Postby jcallahan on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi there all!

I do not use GetResponse but I heard they have a way to buy leads. Has anyone used or is currently using this service? If so, what were your results? Do they allow you to import them into your lists without opt-in verification?

I like the idea of this, but I don't know if it's worth setting up and paying for an account with them. I currently use Aweber.

Much thanks!
Jen
jcallahan
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby Mila on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:48 pm

Hi, I haven't used GetResponse so I can't say for sure. I don't like buying email leads. I find there are a lot of Spam related issues with email leads and in my opinion it just doesn't work as well as direct mail leads.
Mila
Owner InternetBasedMoms.com

Re: GetResponse's lead buying program?

Postby cherie27 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:30 am

I have used the lead program before.
How this work ?
You are required to write an ad and the getresponse will publish your ad.
You won't get your subscribers so soon as it depends on how good your ad copy writing is.
It will take about a few weeks to fill up your subscribers.
cherie27

Postby janice2009 on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:57 am

IDK but what I'm certain about is to stay away from direct mailing! That will really bite you in the butt because most people would just consider your mail as spam and delete it without even considering reading it. :(
janice2009

Postby familymoses on Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am

I haven't used GetResponse's lead buying program, but I am totally soured on the whole lead buying idea.

If you get really fresh leads - people who still remember that they signed up for something and are still interested in whatever it was - the cost is very pricey.

If you get affordable leads, they are stale at best. People have already been contacted, they are tired of being marketed to, and many of them don't remember signing up for anything.

Because none of these people signed up to receive e-mails from YOU, they don't know who you are and if your message doesn't go directly to the spam bucket, the addressee will send it there and possibly report you as a spammer. GetResponse WILL protect you from the negative consequences of false spam accusations, but you will have wasted your money on that lead.

Word to the wise from the voice of experience here: Many people sign up for info on bizopps from their work e-mail address, either because that's where they are, or that's the only e-mail address they have. But their employer's firewall settings prevent your marketing message from getting through, so that is a wasted lead as well.

Your most effective option, even thought it can be agonizingly slow, is to build your own mailing list.
familymoses

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development