BizAdSplash?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: BizAdSplash?

Postby KellyMcCausey on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:27 pm

I'm not familiar with it. What's involved?
Work at Home Moms Talk Radio
http://www.wahmtalkradio.com
KellyMcCausey
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby chris on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:41 am

Kelly I know your one busy women at the moment (follow the twitter updates) so I decided to check out the site...First FAQ question was are we legal...ding ding ding sirens went off! To become a distributor (although you can join for free) you must purchase a min. of $100 of ad packages monthly to be come a qualified distributor you must do more. I would stay away from it honestly!

I do not need to even read anymore and won't waste my time to continue reading it and don't think you need anymore information than that;)
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby chris on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 pm

SallyJo wrote:Hi Chris and Kelly -

Chris, yeah I was taken aback a bit by the first question too, but I guess that's the first question that comes to mind for these new ad sites. After reading their answer, I felt a lot more comfortable looking further into it.

What is peaking my interest is that other businesses are involved in the "ad rotation". I hadn't heard of this process before but it seems that it will generate a lot of traffic to my site.

Still thinking on it....

My first thought with anything or anyone that has there first question "Are we Legal" really makes me question them. Especially when the explanation just basically says yes we are. How can you be absolutely sure. By just saying yes means absolutely nothing to me. They share no guidelines or sections of the law posted that they would fall under.

People with online businesses do want traffic. I know I want visitors. Let me explain how I look at this. I really don't like the word traffic anymore because so many companies have used it to sell you on it. I don't want to have a bunch of people that have absolutely no interest in my site to come look at it because of some ad rotation or because they are paid too (paid traffic sometimes referred to as paid leads). I want to go out there and network as I do here and other forums, as well as using twitter and other social networks. I get quite a bit of "traffic" just on my own efforts alone.

And when I do pay for advertising I pay for good ad spots in newsletters that will go to a reading audience within my market or on websites that also cater to my market.

The people who are coming to my sites are from my own efforts and/or from placing ads within my market the visitors are clicking on my links from general interest not because of any paid rotations or any kind of paid leads. As well I use keywords and phrases to help my sites in the search engines...so when people type in those keywords my site will show up on the engines, again this will bring me visitors who have an interest in what I am offering (they searched for it).

There are many other no cost and low cost ways to generate "traffic" to your websites. There is a lot of good information within this forum alone as well as the website here at Internet Based Moms. I urge you to read about those first before paying such a high amount of money for traffic that may and more than likely not be within your target market;)

That's my 2 cents worth, sorry for such a lengthy reply got a little long winded :lol:
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development