Web content & Website Design

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: Web content & Website Design

Postby Mel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 pm

There are lots of website builders available these days. The one I started with, that worked exceptionally well is the one offered by IBMoms and Alice Seba called Internet Based Family Easy Website Builder -- http://www.internetbasedfamily.com/

It was practically no work at all. I signed up, paid my fees, picked a template and stuck in my content. Quick, simple and a very nice design. I think they even offer guides on how to use it now.

I've since moved on to other things and currently use WordPress because it's fairly easy too... although a little more work.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby busymomma on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:51 am

Also, you are looking for a content management program, not necessarily a web-builder. Wordpress does this. It can look like a traditional blog or like a good old html site. I only use WP now and I have a ton of sites. It's very easy to use and adapt to what you want it to do.

For providing fresh content it will depend on your site niche. I use PLR. Then I also have hired out writers. Of course the writers didn't come right away, I had to wait until I could justify the cost. lol But there are reprint articles, PLR, ghostwriters and if it's a market that you believe in then you can write up your own content. If it's not a market you can write about then I suggest rethinking your choice. ;)
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Since content and, especially, fresh content draws the most interest - this is something you need to settle in your mind before launching a site. You absolutely must have the time to devote to providing that content.

Today, you'll probably have your largest investment of time spent attracting visitors to your site. The Internet now has more pages than there are people on earth so getting your pages found is the ultimate challenge. Good, solid fresh content will get some of those visitors to come back a second and third time.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development