Internet Marketing

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: Internet Marketing

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:06 am

I've never heard this before.

I know when you pick up a template you do want to make sure there are no hidden links in the code (usually in the footer). Other than that I've never heard of having a problem with a template.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby kitkat on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:15 pm

Not sure if you have tried to do a Squidoo Lens or not yet, but I have gotten really great exposure from it as well as sales, especially recently. I have used (all three of my signatures) but the first one is really great and will help you with this very thing.

As far as the ranks... like I said I do pretty well with my lenses and also Weebley.com and FreeWebs.... as well as blogging on blogger or wordpress, but whatever you do, make sure you update often and ping your URLs!

Hope this helps! Good luck with your business! I just love gift baskets! :D
kitkat
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby busymomma on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 am

This used to be true, but it is ancient advice. Many of us now create our sites in a content management program now and no longer do traditional hmtl sites at all. Hasn't hurt the big guru's at all. ;)

Sorry, I know nothing about PPC. I've never tried it because I don't know enough about it and I know you can lose your butt if you don't know what you are doing.
Val

Easy WAHM Websites
Pre-made websites, virtual assistance, blog management.

Busy Momma Wellness
Make you a priority!
busymomma

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:30 pm

As long as you use keywords in your title and meta tags, page name, headers and content, you should be okay with any web page. Then you simply want to build traffic to it.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby saluha on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:51 pm

You must analysis all sector for your product. From keyword, link building, market for your product, budget, and design of the site. Because internet marketing is not easy like we think.
saluha

Postby vslonline on Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:26 am

I am not really sure about this, but I think templated sites are more crawlable in the spiders side of view, this makes it more optimisation ready as well. But I am not a 100%.

This is actually the firs time I saw someone ask a question like these. Nice question.
vslonline

Postby BethinArkansas on Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:52 am

What do you mean by templated site? Are you talking about a template you purchase or get free with open source and modify? Or, are you talking about a ready-built affiliate site?

As long as you have control of page names and meta tags, you're in pretty good shape. And you should certainly create an XML Sitemap to "feed" your site to search engines.

Visit this Squidoo blog for more information about that. http://www.squidoo.com/improvewebtraffic
BethinArkansas

Postby janice2009 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:00 am

In addition to coffee's post, taking the time to compose a well-written SEO press release can do wonders for your internet marketing strategy. When you combine a newsworthy topic with search engine optimized writing, and publish it to the right press release submission sites, you're making great strides toward earning one of top spots in the search engines. If you're having a hard time coming up with one, you can draw the inspiration from those that work.
janice2009

Postby Saima on Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:10 am

My advice would be not to limit yourself to just ppc because firstly you have to design your webpages with seo in mind and then pay for your clicks there are tons of different ways you can market your site online for free without having to worry about seo and maybe finding a coach or mentor who can show you how and where to market online would be a great starting point.
Saima Juneja
Internet Marketing Coach
http://www.theabcofinternetwealth.com
Saima

Postby Kit on Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi Tammy,

Squidoo is a site that let's you create a webpage on topics of your choosing. You can find out more about it here: http://www.squidoo.com/squidoo
Kit
Admin Support

Postby BethinArkansas on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:18 am

Enquiro conducted a study of Internet surfers that showed most eyeballs went to the Sponsored Listing above the organic listings, then down to the top three listings. Only 20% of those tested looked at the lowest items of the 10 organic results.

However, those eyeballs looked at the top 4 listings in the side bar of PPC ads. 50% for item 1 and down to 20% for item 4.

When it came to clicking on the page, 22% of surfers clicked on a PPC ad according to comscore.com. Of the remaining 78%, the largest portion clicked on an organic listing while others went on to page 2 and 3 of the search results.

Another study conducted by an Internet marketer found a person who clicked on his PPC ad, read the information on his page, then returned to the search engine listings. In the organic listing, the person clicked back to the exact same page he'd just read after clicking the PPC link. The second time, the person made the purchase. So, in this instance, did the organic listing fortify the PPC listing?

The bottom line is that SEO is required. And isn't it funny that companies spend 85% of their budget on PPC and only 15% on SEO?
BethinArkansas

Postby KarriLee on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:29 am

Of course backlinks to your site is extremely important, and that they come from a variety of sources over a period of time. Directory submissions, article marketing, forum sigs, 2 way links (esp with high PR sites) one way links from high quality sites (ie. advertising), are some great ways to get these all important back links to your site.

Another thing Google likes to see is a link TO Google. For instance an RSS Feed, Google Blog search link, google toolbar. All these can make your site useful to the user, and pleases Google immensely.
KarriLee

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development