More About Google AdSense

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

More About Google AdSense

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:10 am

As many of you already know, my husband and I have a bunch of websites and we've been expanding our use of Google AdSense. Our philosophy is a simple one. Visitors to our site are looking for information. We hope they like what we offer. But we know that no one is the final authority about anything. So, we include Google AdSense links that show other sources of information about the same topic.

This morning I looked at how some of our channels are performing. If you're not familiar with Google AdSense channels, you can set up specific channels to track different sections of your site(s). It helps us know which pages need more promotion. Anyway, here's what today's figures look like:

Channel 1 received 197 clicks, earning $77.69, or $0.39 per click.
Channel 2 received 11 clicks, earning $13.66, or $1.24 per click. (Note: this is a section we need to promote for more traffic. Don't you agree?)
Channel 3 received 38 clicks, earning $13.16, or $0.35 per click.
Channel 4 received 69 clicks, earning $10.54, or $0.15 per click.
Channel 5 received 6 clicks, earning $3.86, or $0.64 per click.
Channel 6 received 8 clicks, earning $2.76, or $0.35 per click.
Channel 7 received 5 clicks, earning $2.37, or $0.47 per click.

That's less than half the channels we're using, but it gives you an idea of how you can use Google AdSense to generate income and help you see how promoting certain pages through various means, including Google AdWords, can be beneficial.

Think about Channel 2. If we ran an AdWords campaign that cost us $0.20 per click and only 1 out of 5 then clicked on an AdSense ad, we paid $1.00 to earn $1.24. How likely are these particular people to click on an AdSense ad? Well, they clicked on one to get to our page! The Google ads on our page may have helped narrow their search.

Anyway, these are a few thoughts I wanted to share with those who are not very familiar with Google AdSense.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Re: More About Google AdSense

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:02 am

I'll take some of channel 2 on one of my sites, please :lol:
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby vslonline on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 pm

Now those are some pretty good earnings per day. I would be glad to take channel 2 as well.

Honestly I don't seem to have great luck with adsense, and that because I don't have a particular niche I guess. I'm always blogging about anything, and nothing in particular.
vslonline
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby thriftycook on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 pm

How can you tell if there is a problem. I was making a few cents, every day with my various sites, and now zero.

I didn't use channels because I didn't really understand. I just posted the code on my various sites and blogs. I am getting visitors, but apparently no clicks, but why did i get clicks before, and not now?

Any ideas, could something be wrong with my Adsense. They do notify you if you're disabled right? If you're disabled they would not show right?
thriftycook

Postby janice2009 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:43 am

Those are really good numbers, especially channel 2. :D

@thriftycook:
Once your account gets disabled, you will receive a message from them on why. "Invalid clicks" or click frauds are the main reasons why Google disable accounts, so if you're don't have anything to do with that, and you haven't received a notice from them then you are probably safe.

You might as well want to visit google adsense help for more:
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/ ... 3&hl=en_US
janice2009

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development