Ebook Tips

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Ebook Tips

Postby Kit on Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:33 am

One of the great ways of earning passive income is by creating an ebook. If you have created at least one ebook, we'd love to hear about what you learned during the process and what 3 pieces of advice you'd give to others have not gotten to that point, yet.
Kit
Admin Support

Re: Ebook Tips

Postby LorettaOliver on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:06 pm

I would love to hear what others have to say here as well. I've not actually done an ebook from start to finish. I've helped clients finish up their ebooks and create the pdf, and I've started the outline for my own ebook but it's still in the development stages.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Re: Ebook Tips

Postby Mel on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 am

I've worked with a lot of ebooks for clients and of course write part of the reports for our VA training stuff. My suggestions are:

1. Keep it simple. No need for fancy or expensive designs and layouts

2. Leave plenty of white space. Reading anything on the computer can strain the eye so be sure the wording and paragraphs aren't bunched up.

3. Easy on the promos. It's ok to recommend things that relate to the topic, but if your promos overpower the information you're presenting, then you're wasting yours and your reader's time.

4. No Fluff. If the information you're sharing only takes 10 pages to present, then make it a 10 page report. Don't try to turn it into a 20 page ebook by adding "filler". Again, it's a waste of the readers time and you'll likely lose them as a repeat customer.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development