Learning HTML+CSS

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Re: Learning HTML+CSS

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:16 pm

I think a lot of web designer make use of their own blank templates or blanks from other designers. As for learning HTML and CSS, everyone learns at a different pace and in different ways, so it's hard to say.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am

I agree, I think most will start with a blank template and build on it from there.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby BethinArkansas on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:04 am

Personally, I'd grab Dreamweaver CS4; it makes learning so much easier...and faster.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Dreamweaver CS4 must be a little easier than Dreamweaver was last time I opened it. When I was first learning HTML I found Dreamweaver confusing. I ended up with Front Page and Coffee Cup's programs instead.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby BethinArkansas on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:16 am

Loretta, I began with Front Page a long, long time ago. Back then, web hosts charged extra for enabling FP extensions and others simply couldn't (or wouldn't) handle those extensions. So we switched to DW 2004, then to MX, 2008, etc.

Both DW 2008 and CS4 create CSS automatically to replace font codes. I don't know about modern versions of FP, though.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Mel on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 am

I use Dreamweaver CS3 and it's pretty easy to use... as easy as FrontPage. The one thing FP has over DW is that with FP you can 'live edit' pages directly on the website without having to first pull them down via FTP. That makes for quick work when I only need to change a spelling error or something like that.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby lindastacy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

But don't forget.... FrontPage is no longer being developed so there won't be any improvements or fixes and some hosts have stopped supporting the extensions.

As for the live editing feature, I think that's probably most helpful when working on a site that others might also be editing (and therefore you always have to download the latest version). For my own sites that no one else edits, I always have the most recent copy saved locally so I don't have to download each time.

Have you considered using WordPress (installed on your own hosting account)? It's not just for blogging. Some very nice static sites can be developed using it.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Melva on Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 am

I found this thread very interesting. I was thinking about learning some html and CSS so I could update the look and feel of my site. I think I will look into DW CS4. Thanks for the information. I will let you know how I make out. :D
Melva Pratt owns a website dedicated to researching home based business ideas.You can fine out more information by visiting http://www.your-home-based-business-ideas.com
Melva
New to Internet Based Moms

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development