encrypting email

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

encrypting email

Postby rbyzell on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:28 pm

hi. i would like to know. if i sell me ebook to someone and i email it to them, is there anyway i can set it up so that they cannot copy it or forward it? please let me know if there is a way for me to do it or a company that will do it for me. my host maybe?

thanks! bob
rbyzell
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: encrypting email

Postby Mel on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:50 pm

I'm not positive, but I don't think for your case, that it would work very well. My understanding of encryption, at least key encryption, is that both parties have to have the software installed on their computer so that the receiving person can decrypt the email using the assigned key.

I think some email programs are set to automatically decrypt stuff, but others are not, so you might be opening up a bigger can of worms by people not being able to get the product they paid for.

Like I said, I don't know much about encryption so I could be way off here.

I do understand your concern and I'm sure that you will have some dishonest people who share the ebook with others, but I think they are the minority. Plus, no amount of security will stop them if they really want to do it.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development