protecting my ebook

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

protecting my ebook

Postby rbyzell on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:23 pm

hi! well, i think that i worded my last question the wrong way. what i wanted to know was this:

how does one stop someone else from downloading my ebook if i send it to them over the internet? or, if i send it on a cd, is there a way or a cd that won't allow them to copy it or forward it to their friends? please someone let me know. and, of course i am going to copywright my ebook before i start to try and sell it.

thanks! bob
rbyzell
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: protecting my ebook

Postby BethinArkansas on Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 pm

First, your eBook is copyrighted once you have written it. You do not need to register it unless you plan to sue someone, and then you need to consider if the lost profit from one book warrants the cost of an attorney.

Second, you can use a download protection script that gives the purchaser "x" number of hours and download attempts to download the product.

Once they have your product, they can share it with whomever they desire. So you probably need to focus your attention on the good people. The bad people will always be there, and thinking about them all the time will simply ruin your outlook.

Do your best to provide good information and value to customers, and you'll probably attract a better clientele.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development