WAHMcart

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

WAHMcart

Postby thriftycook on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 pm

I would like to talk to some people who are using WAHMCart. I am seriously considering using it for a new venture but I like to talk directly (email or here) to people who are using it so that I can figure out if it's what I want. I don't want to do the free trial YET because I'm no where near being ready, but so far it seems like the best choice for my needs.
thriftycook
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: WAHMcart

Postby lindastacy on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 am

The WAHMcart site has excellent information, but I'd suggest posting your specific questions here and I'm sure you'll get answers. I'm not using it now, but I have used it in the past and helped set it up for someone once. I know there are other "regulars" here that use it and I'll do my best to help answer.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mel on Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:59 am

I use Wahmcart and also work in it with several clients. Post your questions or PM me if you have something personal to ask and I'll try to answer them.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:21 pm

WAHMcart is easy to use both for the site owner and the shopper checking out. I used it for awhile when I needed a shopping cart and was happy with it while I had it. I don't need that kind of cart anymore, so I'm no longer a user, but I have done a few wahmcart setups for clients and I'm always finding new little tidbits that I didn't realize it had.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby thriftycook on Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

I want to use it as an autoresponder, like aweber, and as an affiliate management tool, like clickbank has, and I want to use it to distribute digital files (pdf) and handle sign ups for monthly subscriptions.

Can it do all that?

Also do I have to purchase a new wahmcart for EACH website, or can I just do one, and say, have a special website just for fulfillment purposes across all my websites and products?
thriftycook

Postby Kit on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 am

It sure will. ;) They have even recently added an option for using coupons. I love WAHMcart. When I get to be a millionaire, I might consider changing but not until then. lol

The only thing about monthly memberships is that when someone quits, you may have to manually unsubscribe them from your list, depending on how you have it set up.

You can use one shop for all your sites. You'd just name the items in the backend so that you can tell which is which.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am

Kit is right, it will do all of those things but with subscriptions it isn't completely automatic.

For monthly membership subscriptions if you use something like aMember it will automatically cancel the membership when a person cancels or a payment isn't made.

However, with wahmcart (at least how I have it set up), if someone cancels within paypal or a payment fails to go through, I have to log into wahmcart and manually stop their subscription.
Melody

Mel
General Manager

Postby thriftycook on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:31 pm

Well, I don't think that is a big deal, do they talk about fixing that problem of manually having to do something?

How do you get notified that they canceled or that a payment did not go through?
thriftycook

Postby Kit on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:22 pm

thriftycook wrote:How do you get notified that they canceled or that a payment did not go through?

I get a notification from PayPal that the payment didn't go through. To my knowledge (limited) that feature won't be added any time soon. I think that it's happening basically because there is no "bridge" between the 2 programs.
Kit
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:55 pm

thriftycook wrote:Well, I don't think that is a big deal, do they talk about fixing that problem of manually having to do something?

It's not really a problem or something that isn't working right. Wahmcart is a shopping cart program which manages one-time purchases where aMember is a recurring payment/subscription management program. They are two different types of programs and as Kit said, I don't think they can be bridged... at least not at this point.
Melody

Mel
General Manager

Postby thriftycook on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Oh I see. I guess I thought that wahmcart did handle recurring subscriptions.

I might have to use something else. I think aweber is very simple to use, I tried the 14 day trial and will likely end up using them now. I really think it's easier... but I also need an affiliate manager, so now I need to choose clickbank or wahmcart.

If I'm going to use aweber that essentially discounts the fact that wahmcart can be used as an auto-responder because I'll just be using aweber as my auto-responder, and my cart in a way since it's simply a digital delivery product, so all that leaves that is useful with WAHMcart is their affiliate program capabilities.

What other affiliate management deals are out there?
thriftycook

Postby lindastacy on Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:46 pm

I think it's significantly tricky to integrate PayPal subscriptions with a shopping cart program for automatic handling of cancellations. Another popular shopping cart I used to use didn't handle PayPal subscriptions at all at the time.

Mel mentioned aMember. Did you look at it? I think it will handle everything you're talking about and you can integrate it with aweber autoresponders. It's a script you install on your own site so it's a one time payment rather than a monthly hosted service.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby Mel on Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:05 pm

Just to be clear, wahmcart will handle the recurring payment part where it will bill the people monthly (or whatever). When people sign up and start their subscription, they can be put on an autoresponder series and such. The only part it doesn't do is if they cancel or a payment fails, it will not stop the autoresponder from sending the next mailing.

For example, I have a 12-month membership. All of my 'lessons' are pre-loaded into an autoresponder. So when someone joins, they are automatically put on that particular membership list and every 30 days, they get the next lesson in the series.

The only thing I have to do manually is if someone cancels or their payment doesn't clear. Then I get the paypal notice saying they canceled or whatever and I log into wahmcart and tell it to stop sending messages to that person.

Other than that one step, wahmcart handles it all.

I looked into using aMember for my membership program (it has an affiliate program & you can mail your members & affiliates from within the system), but I chose to go with wahmcart because it has everything I need in one place and for one low price. Otherwise, I would have had to pay monthly for aweber, almost $200 for amember and then most likely would have needed a shopping cart down the road anyway.
Melody

Mel
General Manager

Postby thriftycook on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Ah Ok, well I do like the idea that WAHMcart is basically all inclusive. When I am ready to implement it I will give it a try. I wish they had a 30 day free trial so I could see if I am EVEN capable. I did figure out aweber's system. Get response was a little hokey, and I use paypal aready all the time which is simple. But I have never used any sort of affiliate system in terms of having my own as I plan to do with this new project I am working on.

Thank you all so much!
thriftycook

Postby herdirectsales on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:57 am

Thank you all for such wonderful comments about Wahmcart! Wow! It's really nice to run into such positive reviews, especially when it's your own product/service :D

Hi Stephanie, I'm Regina, the Owner of Wahmcart. I would be more than happy to speak with you concerning your questions about Wahmcart. Feel free to email me regina AT wahmcart . com and we'll exchange telephone numbers.

I'm actually working with two new developers on *hopefully* getting the recurring transaction module working to remove subscribers who cancel or non-paid subscriptions removed from the list. I can't make any promises or give an estimated completion date (if applicable) but, I can say we're hoping for positive results.

If there's any other features you'd like to see, feel free to let me know. If it's doable, we'll add it to the 'to-do list' :D

Thanks again!

All the best,
Regina Baker
Your Ecommerce Solutions Advisor
http://Wahmcart.com
herdirectsales

Next

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development