How Many Articles Do You Write per Day?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

How Many Articles Do You Write per Day?

Postby KarriLee on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48 am

I try to get 2-3 good, high quality 500-600 word articles daily. An ebook I read recently gave an idea of how a person can churn out 4-5 articles an hour, simply by rewording articles found on Ezine articles. I thought this sounded like a fabulous idea, but when I went to go try it, there just weren't any articles that fit the keywords/phrases I was using, as I alway choose my keywords first. Comments?
KarriLee
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: How Many Articles Do You Write per Day?

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 am

I don't write nearly as many as I should! I really need to work on that so I'm glad you brought up this topic. I need to a do like a 30 day article challenge and get myself writing an article per day at least.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby thriftycook on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I can write 10 articles (400 word) a day at about 15 minutes per article but I don't rewrite other articles. What I do instead is keep a running list of "titles" and I can get those from within other articles, books (the table of contents pages of books), a sign, a commercial.

For instance I'm reading a book now called "A Matter of Panache" which is about a woman suffering a brain injury. The table of contents has a chapter called "All in a Day's Work" I can take that title and turn it into an article about my own topic such as A day of thrifty shopping, or the day in the life of a work at home mom, or A day of overcoming divorce issues.. etc.. I can do that with almost anything.

Then when I write an article, I just write without much thought everything I "KNOW" inside my head, then I can go back in and find 10 more articles by separating things out and laser targeting each micro issue. Learning to write on a micro issue was one of the best things I ever learned.

I am not that organized, though I am learning to be. Now days I keep a notebook with all my article "starts" all the words that caught my attention that day. I also keep it on my computer in a file called "starts" under each topic, such as under Divorce (since I write for BellaOnline in that area) I might have some already published articles, articles in the works, and starts, the starts consist of nothing more than a black document with the title of the start. If I happen to come across something that makes me think of that start, I might put a quote or something inside that document so that I can use it later.

Then the biggest key for me is that I block out a time to write. I have to be able to write a lot when I have the time, and I have to be able to focus. I am not always successful, but when I am I can get 10 articles a day but I really write them in just an hour or two. But you see, the work was not really just done in that writing time, I worked on it while I was in the shower, or driving someplace, reading a seemingly unrelated book, or talking to my best friend on the phone. :) I have learned if I get an idea I MUST write it down or I will forget.

The only time I have rewritten articles is when I pay someone to write on a topic, or I buy articles specifically designed to rewrite (which I've only done a couple of times) and I rewrite to show my own personality and make them my own.
thriftycook

Postby Mel on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:23 pm

per day? :shock: With me, the question is how many per month... or even year. I would love to write more but I'm so anal about it being 'just right' that it takes me forever to write an article that I like. In fact, I have a 10 page report to do on virtual assisting and I can't even gather my thoughts to begin writing. :oops:
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Mel wrote:In fact, I have a 10 page report to do on virtual assisting and I can't even gather my thoughts to begin writing.

Sounds like someone needs to outsource her task :lol: I know this because I need to do the same thing for a report that I want to get finished before I nitpick it to death writing it myself!

thritftycook wrote:I can write 10 articles (400 word) a day at about 15 minutes per article

I'm so jealous right now, words cannot even express!
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:41 am

LorettaOliver wrote:Sounds like someone needs to outsource her task.

:lol: I know it! What I really need is someone who can come up with the topics and write the articles, without me having to do anything except pay the bill. They need to do it regularly so I get fresh articles each month. Then I could write when I have time and not think about it when I don't.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby LorettaOliver on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:15 am

That sounds like a good plan Mel! Maybe some of the awesome writers we have around here lurking on the board will volunteer to create such a writing package just for you ;)

My writing bugs comes and goes, and I always find it easier to write for someone else than for myself! Go figure. That always seems to be the way things work out though, always under estimating ourselves.
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby KarriLee on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:01 pm

thriftycook wrote:I can write 10 articles (400 word) a day at about 15 minutes per article but I don't rewrite other articles. What I do instead is keep a running list of "titles" and I can get those from within other articles, books (the table of contents pages of books), a sign, a commercial.

For instance I'm reading a book now called "A Matter of Panache" which is about a woman suffering a brain injury. The table of contents has a chapter called "All in a Day's Work" I can take that title and turn it into an article about my own topic such as A day of thrifty shopping, or the day in the life of a work at home mom, or A day of overcoming divorce issues.. etc.. I can do that with almost anything.

Then when I write an article, I just write without much thought everything I "KNOW" inside my head, then I can go back in and find 10 more articles by separating things out and laser targeting each micro issue. Learning to write on a micro issue was one of the best things I ever learned.

I am not that organized, though I am learning to be. Now days I keep a notebook with all my article "starts" all the words that caught my attention that day. I also keep it on my computer in a file called "starts" under each topic, such as under Divorce (since I write for BellaOnline in that area) I might have some already published articles, articles in the works, and starts, the starts consist of nothing more than a black document with the title of the start. If I happen to come across something that makes me think of that start, I might put a quote or something inside that document so that I can use it later.

Then the biggest key for me is that I block out a time to write. I have to be able to write a lot when I have the time, and I have to be able to focus. I am not always successful, but when I am I can get 10 articles a day but I really write them in just an hour or two. But you see, the work was not really just done in that writing time, I worked on it while I was in the shower, or driving someplace, reading a seemingly unrelated book, or talking to my best friend on the phone. :) I have learned if I get an idea I MUST write it down or I will forget.

The only time I have rewritten articles is when I pay someone to write on a topic, or I buy articles specifically designed to rewrite (which I've only done a couple of times) and I rewrite to show my own personality and make them my own.

This all sounds great. How does it work for you in getting quality, relevant traffic, and do you consider keywords, (do you research keyword demand and competition?) It's the keyword issue that seems to be all important, yet such a slowdown, which is why I'm asking....
KarriLee

Postby anthony2313 on Sat May 09, 2009 7:06 pm

i dont really in joy writing articles i rather pay someone to do it for me. The resource i use is need-an-article. net there very good. I like to get 20 to 50 articles done for me a month
Still Struggling To Make REAL Money Online?
Don't Be A Loser -
Click Here Now
anthony2313

Postby BethinArkansas on Mon May 11, 2009 5:50 am

Mel wrote:per day? :shock: With me, the question is how many per month... or even year. I would love to write more but I'm so anal about it being 'just right' that it takes me forever to write an article that I like. In fact, I have a 10 page report to do on virtual assisting and I can't even gather my thoughts to begin writing. :oops:

Mel, I agree. Getting it just right requires time. And we do a lot of research for most of our articles. Larry and I manage about 5 or 6 articles a week. We're also developing a video production phase from some of our sites, and that's quite time consuming as well.
BethinArkansas
Great Friend and IBMoms Regular

Postby Jenn79 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:27 am

Wow! That is some pretty great advice, especially about reusing other titles! I have such a hard time coming up with catch titles! That should save me some time. I think I may go make a title directory.... :D
Want to take your online business to the next level?
I can show you how.
http://www.workathomemomnow.com
Jenn79

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development