Word Press Help

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Word Press Help

Postby thriftycook on Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:22 pm

I am trying wordpress for the first time.

See: http://www.barrypublishing.com

This is just me practicing and messing around at this point. i love this theme mainly the colors, and the three columns but I cannot figure out how to put footer info.. meaning at the bottom of each page on the entire site I want to put my company address phone number, contact info, and copyright info.

Anyone know how to do that? I don't really want to pay someone else to do it as I really need to learn to do this myself because I am a control freak. Seriously I just want to learn word press myself it is really awesome and I wish I would have started learning it MUCH sooner.

Also, does anyone know how to get the word press stuff out of the footer? I am willing to Pay for the theme to get that stuff out of there, I don't think it looks professional.

I have someone working on a logo for me, and a header too so I'm going to need to know how to replace that. I THINK I can figure that out.. I think I can just upload the graphics, then replace the code with the proper name /location of the graphic right?

Thanks!
thriftycook
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Word Press Help

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:19 pm

From your WP Dashboard go to appearance, then the theme editor and you want to edit footer.php to put your info and take out the powered by wordpress if you want to take that out.

For your graphics, it depends on how the theme is set up, but yes you'll just be uploading the graphics and replacing the code as needed for those.
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby thriftycook on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Hey I changed some of the footer! Thanks!
thriftycook
New to Internet Based Moms

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:16 pm

No problem! :)
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development