Your message contains too few characters?

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Your message contains too few characters?

Postby KarriLee on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm trying to make a post but I keep getting this error message when I try to preview it. The post I want to make has about 175 words (2 short paragraphs)....any ideas why it won't post for me?
KarriLee
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Your message contains too few characters?

Postby LorettaOliver on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:30 pm

I've never seen that error before. Maybe just a weird browser glitch?
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby Mel on Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Hmmm... someone else was having the same issue a few weeks ago. The board has a maximum # of characters, but not a minimum #. I'll see if our tech person can take a look.
Melody

Want to be a VA? Let me show you how! VirtualBusinessMavens.com
Essential Office Support: Helping you manage, market and grow your business.
Mel
General Manager

Postby familymoses on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:18 am

Mel wrote:Hmmm... someone else was having the same issue a few weeks ago. The board has a maximum # of characters, but not a minimum #. I'll see if our tech person can take a look.

That was me. As far as I know it has not been resolved.
familymoses

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:31 pm

I've been trying to duplicate the problem, but I never get the error. What browser are you guys using when that happens?
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby femmes07 on Tue May 26, 2009 3:18 am

I've never seen that error before. Maybe just a weird browser glitch?

I agree with Loretta...Also i have experienced such error, Switching to other browsers is definitely necessary to avoid the glitch... Or you may also restart the current browser you're using...
femmes07

Postby LaurieH on Fri May 29, 2009 3:50 pm

I received the same message last week when I tried to post articles I've written. Eventually abandoned my attempts...
Laurie Hayes, Senior Manager
SendOutCards

Driving to a store to buy cards and stamps and a mailbox to send them? Send handwritten cards in less than a minute from any computer. Cards are PRINTED, STUFFED, STAMPED and MAILED for @$1.50 Discover why moms, seniors and professionals are turning to SendOutCards.

Send a free card at http://www.cardattraction.com The future of card sending is here!
LaurieH

Postby Kit on Sat May 30, 2009 4:31 am

So which browsers are you using when the glitch happens? We can't look for a fix if we don't have all the info. ;)
Kit
Admin Support

Postby femmes07 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 pm

Hello Kit!!!Actually, it could be any of the three Mozilla firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. I'm not really sure of what I was using then... However, I'm using Chrome now And I can't find any trouble...
femmes07

Postby lindastacy on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:21 am

I recreated this error today and it's rather odd.

I use Firefox and Windows XP.

I posted a message this morning and then went to edit it to add some more information (specifically, viewtopic.php?f=117&t=62709&start=15#p132300)

When I added the section with the quote from the mw site, I got the "too few characters" error message. But I wondered if it was really "too many" characters so I started deleted parts of the text, but that didn't work. After much trial and error, I discovered that if I added the text in parts I could get it accepted. So for example, I first added just "Edited to add (from the momwebs site):" and then added on "1. Can I change the articles?" then the next phrase, etc. I had to keep adding shorter and shorter phrases, until in the end I was adding one word at a time.

I didn't have to post between each addition, but I did use the "preview" to make sure what I added was being accepted. Then at the end, I posted and all was well.
~ Linda
For Direct Sales Consultants: Directory Listings -or- Free Link Directory
Still looking? Find Your Perfect Direct Sales Opportunity
lindastacy
*AWESOME Mom & Friend of IBMoms*

Postby LorettaOliver on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 pm

Hey someone finally recreated the error! I think it's just the board playing tricks on us. Secretly there are little php gnomes laughing at us behind the submit button! :lol:
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development