Finding Images for Websites

Discuss web design, copywriting, SEO, traffic, advertising techniques and other aspects of developing a successful business.

Finding Images for Websites

Postby cgayle on Sat May 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi all,

I have a question that I hope someone out there can help me with. Do you know of any reputable sites that offer free or low cost downloadable images to use on websites? I would like to be able to include some photos or images in the posts on my website. I would appreciate any suggestions.

My site is fairly new and I am definitely new to all of this, including posting on forums but I am trying and willing to learn from those with more experience. I have really enjoyed reading through this site as everyone seems so helpful and the information I am gathering from this site is definitely been beneficial in my learning process.

Thanks,
cgayle
cgayle
New to Internet Based Moms

Re: Finding Images for Websites

Postby chris on Sat May 16, 2009 9:10 pm

www.sxc.hu I have been a member of for years. They are a free stock photo site...just follow the terms of service as well as the restrictions posted for each of the images. Each image owner has their own set restrictions mostly to notify them that your using or to get their permission. They also are affiliated with another company that has images for as low as $1 which posts their photos on top, with the search results for images you search out on sxc. Lots of options and lots of photos ;) Hope that helps some.
Image the Eccentric WAHM Blogger!
chris
*Super Supportive Mom & Great Friend*

Postby cgayle on Sun May 17, 2009 9:46 am

Thanks Chrissy,
I appreciate your response.
I will bookmark that site. I'll go check them out and see if they have what I am looking for.
This is a great site and I have enjoyed browsing through the topics and gaining new insights and information.
Like I said before I am trying really hard to learn all I can. I feel blessed to be among those who are beyond the stage I am and I can take that knowledge with me to grow.

As an aside:
It's was kind of funny typing in your name, I am a "Chrissie" too but I spell mine with an "ie" so I almost misspelled yours when I thanked you. :lol:

Blessings,
Chrissie
cgayle

Postby LorettaOliver on Sun May 17, 2009 12:05 pm

Oh, wow, Chrissy, that is an awesome site, thank you for sharing!
Product Review PLR ~ Our PLR Reviews make it EASY for you to add these to your website while making more affiliate sales!
Go from Beginner to Blogger in just 4 weeks!
LorettaOliver
Admin Support

Postby femmes07 on Mon May 18, 2009 1:49 am

Hi, here's another link istockphoto.com i'm not a member of that site, but when i go for some research and need to add photos on my thing i prefer to use it... There are lot of nice collection there... :idea:
femmes07

Postby ChristineG on Mon May 18, 2009 11:31 pm

I often use Flickr's pics that are marked Creative Commons--they are free as long as you give attribution. I use them mainly for my blog. flickr.com/creativecommons/
Claim your FREE E-Course!
Social Media Simplified for Small Business Owners at
http://communicatevalue.com
ChristineG

Postby awrighty on Tue May 19, 2009 12:01 am

I've used the flickr creative commons too. It's amazing how many beautiful pictures you can find. You can also look up "stock images". I've heard they are a low cost and exellent quality. I don't know the url though, sorry.
Cures for insomnia, a great luxury resort resource and my favourite Garmin handheld GPS units.
awrighty

Postby LaurieH on Thu May 21, 2009 2:30 pm

This is great stuff to keep in mind even if you have a VA or web designer creating your site.

I had a colleague who had a VA build her site. The VA selected the images and designed, however, she never sought permission to post the copyrighted images.

Our mastermind group caught the oversight and she had it corrected before any potential harm was done.

Lesson: Be sure your VA knows her copyright rules.
Laurie Hayes, Senior Manager
SendOutCards

Driving to a store to buy cards and stamps and a mailbox to send them? Send handwritten cards in less than a minute from any computer. Cards are PRINTED, STUFFED, STAMPED and MAILED for @$1.50 Discover why moms, seniors and professionals are turning to SendOutCards.

Send a free card at http://www.cardattraction.com The future of card sending is here!
LaurieH

Return to Websites, Traffic, and Business Development